What's new
World Wide Stereo

FS: MX-500 Remote almost-new in Box (1 Viewer)

JoeFish

Stunt Coordinator
I hesitate to call it NIB, because I took it out and started programming it. I stopped when I found out it couldn't learn my Sony TV's "ANT" function. Apparently, Sony uses a "double code" for this button, and the MX-500 doesn't handle that. Home Theater Master's tech support is amazing. They spent about 45 minutes on the phone with me diagnosing the problem.

That said, in the one day I used it, I realized it's the best remote I've ever touched. The LCD screen makes doing anything with it super-intuitive. I only had to glance at the instruction manual once to figure out how to enter setup mode. After that, I was able to use the LCD menus to learn commands, enter pre-programmed codes and edit the LCD labels without any help from the manual. Let's see a non-LCD remote do that :)

If I didn't use the "ANT" button so much, I'd keep it. Even my wife loves this thing. It's very comfortable in the hand, and one of the lightest remotes I've used. I love their "GemStone" buttons, too.

I bought this from Amazon. Amazon's price is $130.99. I'm looking to get $110, with the buyer paying USPS priority shipping from 07849. I can erase all the programming, if you'd like. If no one takes it by 4/20, it's going back to Amazon. I thought I'd give you all a whack at it, first.

I can accept PayPal payments, or a USPS money order. Sorry, no checks. Been burned too many times.

-Joe

728x90

JoeFish

Stunt Coordinator
How about free Priority mail shipping in the continental US? That's $110 shipped to your door in 2-3 days.

-Joe

David Keith

Stunt Coordinator
JoeFish,
There is PLENTY of interest,beings there are 241 hits on this ad as of right now. The problem is obviously the price, if 241 people have read the ad and no one's bought it.
For what it's worth, they can be bought new from an authorized dealer for under 100.00, that's why it's not selling. Just drop the price a little and it should sell. I have an MX-500 and an MX-600 and I wouldn't be without them. Matter of fact, I plan on picking up another one and a buddy of mine is looking for one, but like I said, your price is not really in line. I'm sorry.
You might try e-bay. Some times people pay more for stuff there than they should. Just an idea.
Dave

JoeFish

Stunt Coordinator
Dave,

Thanks for the post. I kinda figured the price was the problem. However, I'm already losing $20 on it at $110, so I guess I'll return it to Amazon. I just figured if someone needs it, I'd offer it to a fellow enthusiast first.

Thanks for the views, all. I'm going to officially stop offering this for sale on Thursday, April 15.

-Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks