What's new

FS: Mitsubishi HC3000U (1 Viewer)

Tom Donaghue

Stunt Coordinator
Up for sale is my Mitsubishi HC3000U 720p projector. This unit is not even six months old and while I would love to keep this (phenomenal picture for movies and HD sports on a 92” screen), I have a 61" RPTV that is back in service, so I hate to see one of them just sitting idle and the RPTV is just too hard to move.

As I mentioned, this unit is less than six months old and is still under most of its two-year warranty. I have put less than 200 hrs. on the bulb and it’s been run mostly in low/economy mode. It resides in my smoke-free, child-free dedicated theater, so it’s been well cared for and never subjected to any quick-strike viewing.

I have been more than happy with its performance, I just can’t have both this an my RPTV and the projector is the easiest to sell at this point.

Here’s some information from the pros on the Mitsubishi HC3000U:

Art from Projector Reviews take
Write-up from Ultimate AV Magazine
Review from Projector Central

Here's some screen shots (albeit shoddy, haven't quite gotten the hang of that yet) of the HC3000 in action.

Anyone that’s considered a Mitsubishi HC1500 or 1600 and doesn’t need a light cannon/quasar/business brightness geared projector, I strongly recommend taking a look at the HC3000 as the image quality is superior. My asking price is $775, will come with original accessories, manual and packaging.

Any questions on this, please let me know... -TD

EDIT: Final price drop on the HC3000U to $650 shipped!

If it doesn't move at this price, it's stayin!! :cool: -TD

418babygirl

Auditioning
Real Name
LaShan
I am new at this whole thing and I am trying to buy a projector for my dad who is a big movie and sports fanatic. would this be the right way to goa nad can this project on a 120" screen without any problems?
Thanks!

Tom Donaghue

Stunt Coordinator
Hi LaShan;
First off, welcome to the Home Theater Forum
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
!
Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions on this site, there's lots of folks that were in your situation at one point (myself included) and are more than willing to help where they can. As for your specific questions on the HC3000, I have some questions and things to consider:

Does the room it would be installed in have lighting control? Meaning, can the room be fully darkened by turning off/down lighting and if it has any outside/ambient lighting, can it be minimized by say shutters, curtains, etc? This is a fairly important point with most projectors, though DLPs and some LCD projectors have enough lighting to overcome ambient lighting, they will just perform better with lower lighting environments.

As for the screen size, I don't think you'd have any problem projecting the image onto a 120" screen, the HC3000 has plenty of lumens, but I wouldn't go much larger than 130" for optimal results.

Sports are incredible on this unit, that is the one thing I will truly miss is watching Saturday/Sunday afternoon football on a 92" screen :frowning:. As for movies, it does a heck of a job as well. I thought movies were awesome on my 61" rear projection TV, they're even better on the (real) big screen. The HC3000 has great image quality and it's color and black level is solid for a projector under $3,000 (which was it's original price). One thing you'll want to make sure of is if your dad isn't one of the rare people that are succeptible to RBE (RainBow Effect). While the wheel speed is decent on the HC3000, it may be bothersome to those whom are highly succeptible, which from what I've read are less than 10% of the population and is only noticable on dark scenes where there's bright lettering or something to this effect. Do a Google search on 'Rainbow Effect' in regards to projectors for more detail on this, though it isn't likely an issue with this particular projector.

The only other thing I can think of is making sure you have the right size room to mount it. Very low ceilings (7 ft. or less) can make it very difficult for placement. The link to Projector Central I provided above has a projector calculator you can use to get a general idea as to how it will fit into your environment. Mitsubishi also has a calculator application that will give you more accurate numbers.

If you have any other questions, just let me know... -TD

JimPeitersen

Second Unit

I will concur with Tom, this projector is great for all viewing. I've got one in my HT room and use a 120" DIY Black Widow screen and it is absolutely amazing. When calibrated I find that it is almost impossible to differentiate this 720P projector with some friends 1080P models.

JP

E-A-G-L-E-S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
Bump for a good price for a good PJ.
I asked my brother but he is still resisting a PJ even though he loves my Planar and my Marantz before that.

Tom Donaghue

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Jim & Matt
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

If you've got a dedicated room and have lighting control, it's a no-brainer instead of a rear projection DLP, plasma or LCD nowadays with the quality of some of the projector offerings... such as the HC3000... :D

Tom Donaghue

Stunt Coordinator
Resurrecting this thread from the dead and lowering the price to $725 shipped. Great deal on a solid 720P projector with very few miles... -TD

Tom Donaghue

Stunt Coordinator
Final price drop on the HC3000U to $650 shipped!

If it doesn't move at this price, it's stayin!! :cool: -TD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks