What's new

Freddie Mercury tribute concert coming to BD 9/3/13 (1 Viewer)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=11507
Eagle Rock Entertainment will release The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert as an SD Blu-ray – with upscaled standard definition original material with uncompressed stereo and DTS-HD surround sound for the best possible quality. This release boasts newly remastered sound across both sections of the concert and represents the first time the opening acts' performances have been made available on Blu-ray. Street date is September 3rd.On April 20th 1992, Roger Taylor, Brian May and John Deacon, the surviving members of Queen, took to the stage at Wembley Stadium for the start of one of the biggest events in rock history, which the band had organized to pay tribute to their former colleague – the incomparable Freddie Mercury. Queen were joined by some of the greatest musical talent in the world to celebrate Freddie's life and work and to increase public awareness of AIDS, the disease that had prematurely ended his life the previous year.The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert features many Queen classics in unique performances including: "Bohemian Rhapsody", "Hammer To Fall", "Crazy Little Thing Called Love", "Radio Ga Ga", "I Want To Break Free", "Under Pressure", "Somebody To Love", "We Will Rock You", "We Are The Champions" and many more. Special guests include David Bowie, Gary Cherone, Roger Daltrey, Def Leppard, Joe Elliott, Extreme, Bob Geldof, Guns 'n' Roses, James Hetfield, Ian Hunter, Tony Iommi, Elton John, Annie Lennox, Metallica, George Michael, Liza Minnelli, Robert Plant, Mick Ronson, Axl Rose, Seal, Slash, Lisa Stansfield, Elizabeth Taylor, Paul Young & Zucchero.As well as being great entertainment, the concert raised a huge and still growing sum of money for the Mercury Phoenix Trust, a charity formed at the time by Roger Taylor, Brian May and Queen's longtime manager Jim Beach whose charter is the relief of suffering from AIDS throughout the world. Profits from this release will be donated by the Mercury Phoenix Trust to AIDS charities around the globe.OPENING ACTS1) Intro2) Brian May / Roger Taylor / John Deacon Introduction3) Metallica – Enter Sandman4) Metallica – Sad But True5) Metallica – Nothing Else Matters6) Freddie Montage (Insert)7) Extreme – Queen Medley including: Mustapha / Bohemian Rhapsody / Keep Yourself Alive / I Want To Break Free / Fat Bottomed Girls / Bicycle Race / Another One Bites The Dust / Stone Cold Crazy / Radio Ga Ga8) Freddie Montage (Insert)9) Def Leppard & Brian May – Now I'm Here10) Queen – I'm Going Slightly Mad video (Insert)11) Bob Geldof – Too Late God12) Guns 'n' Roses – Paradise City13) Guns 'n' Roses – Knocking On Heavens Door14) Elizabeth Taylor SpeechQUEEN + SET1) Joe Elliott, Slash & Queen – Tie Your Mother Down2) Roger Daltrey, Tony Iommi & Queen – I Want It All3) Zucchero & Queen – Las Palabras De Amor4) Gary Cherone, Tony Iommi & Queen – Hammer To Fall5) James Hetfield, Tony Iommi & Queen – Stone Cold Crazy6) Robert Plant & Queen – Crazy Little Thing Called Love7) Brian May – Too Much Love Will Kill You8) Paul Young & Queen – Radio Ga Ga9) Seal & Queen – Who Wants To Live Forever10) Lisa Stansfield & Queen – I Want To Break Free11) David Bowie, Annie Lennox & Queen – Under Pressure12) Ian Hunter, David Bowie, Mick Ronson & Queen – All The Young Dudes13) David Bowie, Mick Ronson & Queen – Heroes14) George Michael & Queen –'3915) George Michael, Lisa Stansfield & Queen – These Are The Days Of Our Lives16) George Michael, London Gospel Choir & Queen – Somebody To Love17) Elton John, Axl Rose & Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody18) Elton John, Tony Iommi & Queen – The Show Must Go On19) Axl Rose & Queen – We Will Rock You20) Liza Minnelli & Ensemble – We Are The ChampionsBONUS MATERIAL1) Rehearsal performances of Queen:David Bowie and Annie Lennox 'Under Pressure'George Michael and Lisa Stansfield 'These Are The Days Of Our LivesGeorge Michael 'Somebody To Love'2) 10th Anniversary Documentary3) Photo Galleries4) Mercury Phoenix Trust Facts
Basically the old VHS re-issued on DVD and BD and no, it is NOT the complete concert but it's still far better than the previous DVD.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I know I posted this press release two days ago on the forum.

...but thanks for the update nonetheless.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
The US release is indefinitely postponed due to legal/clearance issues that popped up at the last minute. The UK blu-ray is region free though if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks