What's new

Fox's Asian Film Releases (1 Viewer)

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
So far Fox has released 2 waves of Asian films:
1st wave: City Hunter, Hong Kong 1941, Naked Killer, Magnificient Butcher, Magnificient Killer.
2nd wave: Duel to the Death, My Lucky Stars, Heart of Dragon, In the Line of Duty 4, Eastern Condors.

I own both lines, haven't watched all of the 2nd wave yet, but I have enjoyed all of these releases.

Does anyone know if these release will continue, or what titles may be in them?
It may be too early to ask as the 2nd ones were only released a couple of weeks ago, but the quality (although barebones) is good with DTS tracks and anamorphic transfers.
Or does anyone have any comments on the already released titles? My biggest question there is whether or not Naked Killer is uncut...

Thanks! :D

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Chris -
Here is a link to my homepage which has links to all the reviews of the second wave.
http://www.loveandbullets.com/

There is a third wave and there are movies rumored to be released but since I haven't confirmed them, I don't want to list them.

The Naked Killer is definitley cut.

Here is a link to a post from a few weeks ago with a lot more info.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=175564

Matt

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Matt,
thanks for the links, The HTF thread looks familiar, I think I may have read it....
I really am happy that Fox is releasing these titles, I hope they keep on releasing!
:D

BooneG

Stunt Coordinator
I love what Fox has done with these DVDs. I will buy whatever they put out. The next wave needs to include:

Dragons Forever
Wheels on Meals
Encounters of the Spooky Kind

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
I can't vouch for this but I'll post it anyway. Someone posted to Mobius Home Video Forum the titles in the third wave of Fox's Asian films. No release date yet though. Anyway, here it is:

Game Of Death II (2003) Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment: Rated R for some violence and nudity.

Iron Fisted Monk, The (2003) Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment: Rated R for violence including rape, and sexual content.

Prodigal Son (2003) Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment: Rated R for martial arts violence.

Mr. Vampire (2003) Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment: Rated PG-13 for vampire violence and some sexuality

Young Master (2003) Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment: Rated PG-13 for martial arts violence.

If they ever do Wheels on Meals, I hope they include the often cut van washing scene!

The title I'd really like to have included some day is Millionaire's Express.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
The only one I've seen from the possible new titles is Mr. Vampire, I have the Deltamac release of that, good film.
I've heard of most of the others.

What it comes down to, is I would pick up any titles they do choose to release.:emoji_thumbsup: :D

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
I just wish a studio would release region 1 editions of celestial pictures Shaw Brothers dvd's !!! They are only regions 2 and 4 if im not mistaken . I want to see "Come,Drink with me " and the only versions i can find are boots !!! BTW i dont know if this would be earmarked as a falure or not but all of the first wave of fox's asian films were in Wal marts dump bin recently so heres hoping that it continues...

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
John -
Unfortunatley, Miramax has the rights to about 50 Shaw Brothers movies for home video. A region free player would be worth it for you.

Matt

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
>What it comes down to, is I would pick up any titles they do choose to release.

Me too although those dubtitles really bug me.

Why can't anyone in the U.S. give HK movies the same kind of treatment Hong Kong Legends does in Region 2?

And yeah, I have a region-free player but my R1 player works better with my TV than the region-free one does. :)

-- Paula

stephen la

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up the fox version of city hunter last year.. but just got around to watching it last night
and I was bothered it was full screen.
I thought these fox released were widescreen versions..
I have the tai seng dvd of this movie so Im not all upset.. just a little disapointed.. since I kind of like the english dub.
are the other fox hong kong titles fullscreen?

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
It's anamorphic widescreen 1.85:1. Check you dvd player settings, maybe it's set to pan and scan widescreen movies.

stephen la

Stunt Coordinator
thanks Mark
you're right it was my player settings.
Ive had this dvd player for a year but never had this problem..
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks