What's new

3D Flesh for Frankenstein 2D Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
It certainly does!

I nearly bought this when I was in Australia a few months ago - it was only AU$10. Glad I didn't though - the Image DVD looks so much better. The BD looks like a bad upscale.

This is one of my most-wanted Blu-rays. I'd love Criterion to revisit it (I bought their LD in '97) and give it the proper treatment, with 2D and 3D presentations. It doesn't seem likely though...

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
fff.jpg
DE Blu-ray is a lot better. Need 3D version though.

Last edited:

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
I've got an original 35mm 3D print of this title that's badly faded to pink but some of the effects are pretty good even with the fading. I haven't screened it since I converted to Dolby filters in my 3D lens. I think I'll drag that back out and see what it look like now. It's been a couple of years since I've watched it.

pinknik

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
Too bad none of them is from the other "eye". That Shock Entertainment blu-ray looks awful. Yikes!

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Cool. I've never seen the Dolby system. I assume it looks good, yes?

Yes Greg. The Dolby 3D has become my favorite over ReadD. I also love the ability to be able to use a white screen over the silver version. I've also discovered that the Dolby filters seem to reduce the appearance of crosstalk or misalignment in 35mm 3D prints. This of course has nothing to do with the Blu Ray 3D offerings.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Watched our 35mm print last night. It wasn't as faded as I remembered from the last screening and I was thrilled the new Dolby 3D filters really made the movie easier to watch. I had forgotten how much blood and gore there was in this movie!!
dolby 3D.jpg

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Watched our 35mm print last night. It wasn't as faded as I remembered from the last screening and I was thrilled the new Dolby 3D filters really made the movie easier to watch. I had forgotten how much blood and gore there was in this movie!!
View attachment 43036

Bob mentioned in another thread:

"I'm sorry to say it but stereoscopically, this film is a mess.

Colonel Robert V. Bernier was a 3-D expert with 30+ years of experience when he was hired as Technical Advisor on the film. He built the Space-Vision Trioptiscope lens and knew what you could and could not do with it.

Morrissey ignored his expertise and the results speak for themselves. The film is loaded with shots like this which are very hard on the eyes and cannot be fixed."

frankenstein-fixed-gif-small-gif.12703

Did you notice this?

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Bob mentioned in another thread:

"I'm sorry to say it but stereoscopically, this film is a mess.

Colonel Robert V. Bernier was a 3-D expert with 30+ years of experience when he was hired as Technical Advisor on the film. He built the Space-Vision Trioptiscope lens and knew what you could and could not do with it.

Morrissey ignored his expertise and the results speak for themselves. The film is loaded with shots like this which are very hard on the eyes and cannot be fixed."

frankenstein-fixed-gif-small-gif.12703

Did you notice this?

Honestly, no. For sure there were errors in the 3D photography. I wish I knew which reel that example was in. I'd go back and give it another look. I did leave my seat a couple of times so I didn't see EVERY second of the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks