Finally finished my infinite baffle

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Charles J P, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    Well, I finally got my IB done after being in the house for over 2 months. So many other projects, and once the HT got useable, it just seemed to get pushed aside. I need some sort of line driver as I've discovered the output of my receiver's LFE jack is not sufficient to drive the pro-amp I'm using to power the sub. With all my speakers set all the way down and the sub jacked all the way up in the receivers calibration menu, I still cant get the sub up to the same level. Anyone with any ideas how to fix this, feel free to email me or respond here. Any way, here are some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Brian Fellmeth

Brian Fellmeth Supporting Actor

My friend's suddenly became like yours after working perfectly for a week. Solution: someone had turned "night mode" on in the receiver, which drops deep bass by about 20 dB with his yamaha.

3. Justin Ward

Justin Ward Supporting Actor

I've heard from a few sources that it's common for pro-amps to not have enough gain for some recievers. Some sort of in-line pre-amp may be best.

4. Charles J P

CJ Paul
    Yeah, that's basically what I'm looking for. Thomas W has seen my post on a couple other forums and linked me to a product, but it outputs XLR and I have TRS on my pro gear. I'm already combining two sources of bass (stereo pre-amp and HT pre-amp) with a splitter, then converting from RCA to TRS etc. I'd like to keep the number of connections to a dull roar if that makes sense [​IMG]

5. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

SVS black box, or the Radio Shack miniamp. I think you feed LFE to an input, then tape out to the sub amp?

6. Charles J P

CJ Paul
    I just ordered this. The price was right and Thomas W recomended I try it.

7. Mike Keith

Mike Keith Second Unit

The BFD has a built in HT boost output, works fine on mine with a Mackie Pro Amp, also the amp itself has 2 different gain inputs if I remember correctly.