What's new

Films That Barely Got by with a PG-13 (2 Viewers)

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
So somewhere along the line, someone thought that the "General Audience" should be expanded to include "babies"-- persons unable to comprehend death. I wonder if Bambi would be rated 'PG' in this hypersensitive day and age...

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
And of course Snow White would be rated R: young girl co-habiting with seven little men!

:D

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
Oh, no doubt. And Pinocchio would be PG-13 for having scenes of minors smoking cigars and drinking beer.

or at leas pg with a couple of lines for "jackass"

Calum Waddell

Auditioning
It's interesting, because some of the PG 13 films in America still needed to be cut in order to satisfy the PG rating in the UK (we still don't have a full version of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom).

Even so, I'm surprised Poltergeist was a PG13

WillG

Senior HTF Member

The original Poltergeist is rated PG. I believe that it was initally given a R rating, but it was appealed and they got the PG (again, predated the PG-13 rating). I'm not sure if anything had to be cut or not.

Funny though, a few years back, my younger brother, probably around 10-11 at the time told me that when he slept over at a certain friend's house, all they ever watched was "Poltergeist" because the mother would not allow anything rated higher than PG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks