What's new

Fiber Fill in Paradigm Titans? (1 Viewer)

Bill Street

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, I just purchased 5 Paradigm speakers used off of Ebay and I had some issues. When I opened the back of the Titans (v.1 with the MDF back) I noticed there was no Fiber fill in there. My Micros do have Fiber fill in them.

The Titans sound a bit like sound is trapped inside the speaker, do you think this might be the reason?

Thanks

Bill S.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Ned

Supporting Actor
Sounds weird. Stuff a few t-shirts or other soft fabric and see if it helps. If so you can buy some polyfill from Partsexpress.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
How did you get the back panel off? isnt it like stapled/glued onto the back?

I have a pair of Paradigm Phantoms V1, but i cant get off the back, its flush onto the sides like it was glued or stapled on

Bill Street

Stunt Coordinator
Don't know about the Phantoms... but the Micros Atoms and Titans have non removeable grills so access is thru the removal of 6 screws on the back. The backs are on there VERY snugly... you have to place a couple of fingers into the port and hold down while moving the back out. Since the Phantoms have removeable grills access to them is probably thru the front.

I have extra polyfill left over from stuffing my subwoofer, so I can put some in the Titans... I was just curious as to whether they are shipped from the factory with fiberfill, or if that was special to the Micros to compensate for their small size.

Bill

Jason Kirkpatri

Second Unit
Hey Bill,

I'm running two sets of Titans for front sound stage and rear surrounds.

When you try the fibre/shirt/socks/whatever fill in the cabinets, be sure to let us know of your findings. I'm obviously interested, but I would like your opinion before I venture to take apart my speakers!

Thanks,
Jason

Bill Street

Stunt Coordinator
Hi!

I will try to run an experiment with the left over fiberfill on the Titans in the next couple of days. Now, that they are properly calibrated they sound pretty darn awesome, however.

Could someone who has a pair of Titans v.1 open up the back of their speakers and see if there is fiberfill? My main concern was getting them to sound like they "should" from the factory, not tweaking.... although I enjoy a good tweak.

Bill

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have owned V1s, and I still own V2 and V3 Titans. In both the V2 and V3 I can see the poly stuffing just below the port. I'm sure the V1s are no different, because they sounded basically identical.

Bill Street

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks John!
That was exactly the answer I was looking for! :D
I suspected that if the Micros had the fill the Titans probably did as well, since I would imagine the Performance series have similar engineering.
I'll add some fiberfill and listen to how it sounds!
Bill Street

Bill Street

Stunt Coordinator
By way of update...

I emailed Paradigm and they confirmed there should be fiberfill in the Titan speakers, even version 1. I added polyfill to the Titans and it did seem to help with getting the sound "out of the box" and into the room.

Of course, I did not know how much pollyfill to add, so I tried to add a proportional amount to what are in my Micro's.

Bill S.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks