What's new

Father Knows Best Season Five (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
While I'd have rather seen the series offered via the open market, this is such a "holy grail" show for me that I'll gladly pony up the money for this particular Shout exclusive.

Gary "since these aren't DVD-R's akin to the WB Archive releases, I'm good to go" O.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
This is the first title on Shout! Select that I'd need to get.

So what does it mean? These are manufactured like regular DVDs, but only sold on their website -- and so we're stuck with their price, and can't find it cheaper on Amazon or somewhere? Or could they be sold on the Amazon Marketplace?

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Joe Lugoff

This is the first title on Shout! Select that I'd need to get.

So what does it mean? These are manufactured like regular DVDs, but only sold on their website -- and so we're stuck with their price, and can't find it cheaper on Amazon or somewhere? Or could they be sold on the Amazon Marketplace?

There's a seller that sells these on the Amazon marketplace... for the same price as Shout does. In fact, I think it's a seller selling the exclusive sets for shout on Amazon.

However, Amazon Marketplace will save you a few bucks shipping.

And yes, these are normal, mass manufactured discs like every other commercial TV on DVD release you have.

As for sales... I don't know. This is the first year of Shout Select, so who knows if they'll have sales in the latter half of the year?

I take that back... they're having a "Dads & Grads" sale right now on some titles, including Season 2 of The Bill Cosby Show. It's only a few extra dollars off, but it does show they'll include the Shout Select stuff in sales.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Wow! This is a surprise. I'm glad you let us know. I just pre-ordered my copy. I had no idea it would be coming this quick. Since we didn't have an announcement for Season 5 yet, I had thought we wouldn't see it until Fall. This is definitely wonderful news.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert13

Wow! This is a surprise. I'm glad you let us know. I just pre-ordered my copy. I had no idea it would be coming this quick. Since we didn't have an announcement for Season 5 yet, I had thought we wouldn't see it until Fall. This is definitely wonderful news.

I too didn't think we'd see S5 until later in the year, so this is very encouraging. I think there's an outside shot we might get the final season by the end of the year so that Shout can wrap up this series. It would not surprise me a bit if they squeezed S6 in just before the new year rolls around. If not, I'm confident we will see it in the first quarter of 2011 and have the entire series in our hands. That will be wonderful indeed!

Gary "these Shout Select dvds don't seem to get quite as much fanfare and press - thank God for the internet" O.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
$40 is a bit steep for me. Maybe it will eventually come down to the range they are selling the other seasons. Around $25 works for me. Could be they figure only the biggest of fans will make it to season 5 and they will pay whatever is necessaryr.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I've been watching the season 5 DVD's for the first time and wondered what's up with two episodes. The episodes in question are 'The Art of Romance' and 'Margaret Goes Dancing'.

Both are straight repeats of older episodes, yet they're supposed to be flashback episodes like several others in the series. But there's no fresh segments to open up and close each episode with.

Are the flashback iterations of these two not extant?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks