Father Knows Best Season Five

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by TV_Fan, Jul 20, 2010.

1. TV_Fan

TV_Fan Second Unit

Chris H
  2. The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man Screenwriter

Robert
    Cool.

Of course, that means that S6 will probably not show until 2011. But, the series is close to complete.

3. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    While I'd have rather seen the series offered via the open market, this is such a "holy grail" show for me that I'll gladly pony up the money for this particular Shout exclusive.

Gary "since these aren't DVD-R's akin to the WB Archive releases, I'm good to go" O.

4. Joe Lugoff

Joe Lugoff Cinematographer

Joe
    This is the first title on Shout! Select that I'd need to get.

So what does it mean? These are manufactured like regular DVDs, but only sold on their website -- and so we're stuck with their price, and can't find it cheaper on Amazon or somewhere? Or could they be sold on the Amazon Marketplace?

5. The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man Screenwriter

Robert

There's a seller that sells these on the Amazon marketplace... for the same price as Shout does. In fact, I think it's a seller selling the exclusive sets for shout on Amazon.

However, Amazon Marketplace will save you a few bucks shipping.

And yes, these are normal, mass manufactured discs like every other commercial TV on DVD release you have.

As for sales... I don't know. This is the first year of Shout Select, so who knows if they'll have sales in the latter half of the year?

I take that back... they're having a "Dads & Grads" sale right now on some titles, including Season 2 of The Bill Cosby Show. It's only a few extra dollars off, but it does show they'll include the Shout Select stuff in sales.

6. Robert13

Robert13 Supporting Actor

Robert
    Wow! This is a surprise. I'm glad you let us know. I just pre-ordered my copy. I had no idea it would be coming this quick. Since we didn't have an announcement for Season 5 yet, I had thought we wouldn't see it until Fall. This is definitely wonderful news.

7. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    Quote:

I too didn't think we'd see S5 until later in the year, so this is very encouraging. I think there's an outside shot we might get the final season by the end of the year so that Shout can wrap up this series. It would not surprise me a bit if they squeezed S6 in just before the new year rolls around. If not, I'm confident we will see it in the first quarter of 2011 and have the entire series in our hands. That will be wonderful indeed!

Gary "these Shout Select dvds don't seem to get quite as much fanfare and press - thank God for the internet" O.

8. smithb

smithb Screenwriter

$40 is a bit steep for me. Maybe it will eventually come down to the range they are selling the other seasons. Around $25 works for me. Could be they figure only the biggest of fans will make it to season 5 and they will pay whatever is necessaryr.

9. Regulus

Regulus Cinematographer

William Hughes