What's new

Extreme sports theme music... (1 Viewer)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Okay, I've been trying to collect songs of a particular genre that invoke visions of base jumping, fire belching drag cars, etc...

My problem is, I can only think of a few:

Fuel - Metallica
Thunderstruck - AC/DC
Kickstart my Heart - Motley Crue
Human - White Zombie

So, I pose to you this scenario: Let's say you're in charge of finding the theme music for an extreme sports documentary.. what songs would you choose?

Christopher_S

Stunt Coordinator
Not at all. Actually, if it were me, I'd look at music by the bands that seem to be most popular in the extreme-sports community. Ska and (new-era) punk seem to be the most popular soundtracks for this kind of thing, you can check Google for "extreme sports punk music" to get a lot of info w/r/t what bands are popular.

The stuff you picked out would go well with extreme sports footage, although I wouldn't call it "authentic", whatever that means. If you want to continue in that vein, though, you might want to listen to some Andrew W.K. Really over-the-top pop-metal stuff, real high energy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks