What's new

Extant Season 1 (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Season (and probably series) finale tonight. I agree that Ethan's story is more compelling than the aliens.

The mind bending business in the most recent episode was interesting. It seems that Molly's baby has not been in control of all of its actions.

I hope that it wraps up with a satisfying ending and not a cliffhanger that will never be resolved.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Well, I was satisfied with the ending. There are enough loose ends that if they do want to go to another season there is plenty to explore, but most of the situations in the season were resolved.

I was thinking that they would be merging the two plots eventually, but I didn't think it would take so long to do so.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I read a recap, but I can't say it made me motivated to pick up where I left off.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
So bad that I don't even feel the need to talk about it. The pain is over.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I enjoyed Extant, and will watch S2, if there is one. It's good to have a show with a female lead. And the story wasn't wholly conventional. It got smooshy at the end, and I struggled to understand the alien motivations and machinations.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Extant has been renewed by CBS for another season (along with Under the Dome).

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
LOL, you are kidding, right? Where is the source? Must be one of those silly episode 7 rumors!

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
DaveF said:
Not the only one ...

I also enjoyed it for the most part.

I am quite surprised, but a quote from another article explains it:
"Though Under the Dome and Extant suffered from disappointing ratings this summer, both shows, from CBS Television Studios and Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Television, are subjects of creatively structured deals with Amazon that make them available to view via the digital company’s streaming service within unusually short windows and also make them profitable before they even air."

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I was really surprised it was renewed, but I guess it's financially feasible for them. I'm not a Berry fan, but I enjoyed some aspects of the story. While the young actor could be a little annoying, I still found Ethan's story interesting. (All in all, much better than "Under the Dome" where I barely made it through Season 1.)

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I too am surprised it got renewed but am glad that it was.
Here's to hoping that the acting and story lines will get much better in the second season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks