What's new

EXCLUSIVE HTF ANNOUNCEMENT: Twilight Time May/June Releases (You will want to read this!) (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
sites down.
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/http://screenarchives.com

Wade Sowers

Second Unit
Real Name
Wade Sowers
I don't know anything about how a site can avoid this sort of thing, but I do think they should have seen this coming.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Completely hosed. From the get-go.

How many people who were there at 3:55 are having to abandon it after a frickin' hour? So much for First Come, First Served.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Amazon Web Services is their hosting provider, so there shouldn't be a capacity problem:

Name: ec2-174-129-222-139.compute-1.amazonaws.com
Address: 174.129.222.139

WTF?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This was just posted on Facebook from the folks at Twilight Time

9aafac03_facebooktt.jpeg

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Seriously, they're gonna hit us with snark? Fuckers. You chose SAE to distribute your shit, so fucking apologize to your inconvenienced customers.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Originally Posted by Craig Beam /t/318832/exclusive-htf-announcement-twilight-time-may-june-releases-you-will-want-to-read-this/150#post_3916263
Seriously, they're gonna hit us with snark? Fuckers. You chose SAE to distribute your shit, so fucking apologize to your inconvenienced customers.
x2

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
I thought they would have learned their lesson on having a quality server after the Fright Night fiasco, especially when pulling these publicity gimmicks with limited-limited edition autographed copies.
Apparently not.
Also, odd that they are referring to Fright Night as reassurance, but those did not have those autographed copies. The downtime will likely cause many to miss out on those and would have otherwise been on time.
Don't bother calling in to order, either, or prepare for a brow-beating.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I don't see the statement as that big of deal. They have no ability to correct the problem, and they say please understand that, and they give an apt comparison.

People are WAY too sensitive these days.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by JoHud /t/318832/exclusive-htf-announcement-twilight-time-may-june-releases-you-will-want-to-read-this/150#post_3916266
I thought they would have learned their lesson on having a quality server after the Fright Night fiasco, especially when pulling these publicity gimmicks with limited-limited edition autographed copies.
Apparently not.
Yeah, but that's a conversation between Screen Archives and Twilight that doesn't necessarily have to be disclosed to the public (as well as SAE and the music exclusive release companies).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That's a pretty bad Facebook posting.

There's a lot of things which could have been said. Getting defensive and throwing SAE under the bus was not the best choice.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Brandon Conway said:
I don't see the statement as that big of deal. They have no ability to correct the problem, and they say please understand that, and they give an apt comparison.
People are WAY too sensitive these days.
People just venting, totally understandable. These two titles are highly sought after in Bluray, and people eagerly circling today's date, only to be denied? After the Fright Night Sellout, it's totally understandable that people get pissed, thinking they might not get to own these titles.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
How is it throwing SAE under the bus? SAE is having issues, and Twilight can't help fix it. Pretty plain and straightforward and neutral, with no insult towards SAE. Now, if they said "SAE sucks at their job and we hate them as much as you" then THAT would be throwing them under the bus.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by Richard V /t/318832/exclusive-htf-announcement-twilight-time-may-june-releases-you-will-want-to-read-this/150#post_3916272
People just venting, totally understandable. These two titles are highly sought after in Bluray, and people eagerly circling today's date, only to be denied? After the Fright Night Sellout, it's totally understandable that people get pissed, thinking they might not get to own these titles.
Fright Night took weeks after its release to sell out, IIRC.

EDIT: Though if one wants a signed copy those will go fast, so yeah, I can see some frustration there.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I finally got through and my order in.
Big Heat and signed Journey.
The amazon code didnt work though.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
It's now working on my end. Signed copies appear to still be available.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Got in, ordered Journey, but site is slower than a glacier. Glad to have my order in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks