What's new

Ever find you own a DVD you didn't know you had? (1 Viewer)

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
For the past couple weeks I've been considering buying American Pie 2. I loved the first one, own the disc. Saw the 2nd one in the theater, loved it. I just sat down to look through my DVDs to find one to watch...and it was sitting on the bottom shelf. I probably bought it when it came out...I just don't remember ever doing that.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Haven't gotten that crazy yet, but the past few times I've gone to the store I get reminded of ones I've had for a long time but haven't watched yet!

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Nope, haven't done that yet! Maybe the fact that I basically know the contents of my DVD collection by heart has something to with it. ;)

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator
At Xmas, I said something about The Jim Carrey version of The Grinch. My mom immediately said, "Oh, I haven't seen it, let's go rent it!" My brother was standing right beside her as I reminded her that he'd given it to her for Xmas last year!

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit
I had someone ask me if I owned Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels so they could borrow it. I couldn't remember, and had to check my DVD Profiler listing to tell them that yes, I did in fact have it.

Douglas Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Douglas Bailey
Been there, done that: I caught myself standing in a store, copy of Mr. Smith Goes to Washington in hand, trying to remember whether I'd already bought it or not.

This is exactly why I finally broke down and entered all my titles into DVD Profiler. It's not perfect by a long shot, but at least I have a list from which to work.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
When my collection got so big that I was double checking for what I owned and what I didn't I traded in my bottom dozen or so titles to a local video store. I didn't get much back for them but otherwise they would have just been sitting there collecting dust.

Wes C

Supporting Actor
I found Platoon in my closet yesterday.

I have no idea where it came from. Odds are of my friends left it here sometime, but its mine now;)

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Yes, that's the version by Oliver Stone.

Plotline - after Patton dies he inhabits the body of Richard Nixon (Anthony Hopkins) who then feels compelled to watch "Patton" repeatedly until he sends Charlie Sheen off to bomb Cambodia.

JFYI, Patton never made 5 stars, he did not even (permanently) make 4 - he was promoted to temporary 4-star in April 1945, but died in December 1945 before it was permanent (not likely it ever would have been). Eisenhower was the last 5 star in combat, Omar Bradley (Karl Malden in the movie) got his 4th when Patton was skipped over. Bradley became Patton's superior and eventually had the Bradley Fighting Vehicle you see all over the news named after him. There was talk about naming the M1A1/2 Abrams Tank after Patton, but the brass shot it down because of Patton's controversial past.

Adam Brandner

Stunt Coordinator
I never had any trouble keeping track of what I owned (300+ DVDs), but then a few weeks ago, I bought a copy of "A Few Good Men" SE. In the car on the way home, all I could think was, "I know I bought the original version of this once, but did I replace it with the special edition already?" As it turned out, no. This was the first time I'd ever done that, but I justify the slip by realizing that the covers of the 2 versions are nearly identical. Whew! That was a close one.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Only once that I can remember...
I was in Target considering picking up Ghostbusters II and I couldn't remember for the life of me whether or not I owned it already... I did, come to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks