Evel Knievel Movie

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Randy Tennison, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    Did anyone else see this? It sucked. I actually preferred the George Hamilton version from the 70's.

The only cool thing was the recreation of the initial part of the Caesars Fountain jump. That stuntman did a great job.

2. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

I watched it, hoping it would get better, and it didn't. It wasn't completely terrible, but I also recalled the George Hamilton movie all through this version. I think I enjoyed "Captain" Robbie's jump more than the movie about his dad.

3. Bren_Chris

Bren_Chris Stunt Coordinator

For cringes and unintentional yucks, it was almost but not quite as rich as the classic VIVA KNIEVEL.

4. Randy Tennison

Randy
    I just don't get into "Kaptain" Robby at all. I was a huge Evel Knievel fan as a kid. I had all the toys, posters, even an Evel Knievel bedspread.

His son really lacks the charm of his father.

Did you notice right before the jump, when Robbie took the microphone out of the reporters hand, and wouldn't give it back, despite the reporter reaching for it 3 different times. I thought that was hilarious.

5. JakeR

JakeR Stunt Coordinator

Cycle jumps were a thrill in Evel's day, before videogames, the internet, Imax, extreme sports, CGI, etc, etc...

Robbie doesn't have his father's personality or his timing. I still have a good deal of respect for the both of them.

The TNT movie was terrible.

6. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

terrible.

7. Hank_P

Hank_P Second Unit

Did anyone catch Robbies last remark, he's going to attempt jumping the Grand Canyon.. maybe this will be his big finish.

8. Randy Tennison

Randy
    He already jumped the Grand Canyon. He found a narrow portion of it a couple of years ago, and jumped it. He crashed on landing, but he made it.