What's new

Eureka Starts on 7/11 (1 Viewer)

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I really enjoyed this last episode. Will Wheaton was a guest.

And I liked the Starship Troopers'esque opening sequence for their new "Astraeus" (Titan - god of the dusk) space mission to Titan.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/syfys-eureka-poised-to-end-its-run-with-final-6-episode-order/ There is an update on the page:
UPDATE: Syfy's programming chief Mark Stern issued the following statement: "Bruce Miller and Jaime Paglia have brought a creative vitality to Eureka that has kept it fresh and inventive. Although we do not have a commitment beyond six episodes for the sixth season, we are hopeful that this will not be the end of the franchise." Note that the statement doesn't say "the end of the series". We will see...

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Of course, this is still season 4 that we're watching now, so there's at least 19 more episodes after. Besides that, it's pretty formulaic at this point. I still like it, but I could see how one would get tired of it.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Joe_H said:
Of course, this is still season 4 that we're watching now, so there's at least 19 more episodes after. Besides that, it's pretty formulaic at this point. I still like it, but I could see how one would get tired of it.
We were expecting the episodes we are watching right now to have been broadcast quite some time ago. I really have no idea (but I presume the information is online somewhere) just how many episodes have been filmed that we have yet to see. The new timeline, which surprisingly was not undone, put a lot of new life into the series.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Cancelled.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/its-over-eureka-canceled-with-no-final-6-episode-order/

Well, they still get next season, but it's cancelled after that.

I guess that gives the writers plenty of time to write an ending, as they have a commitment for 13 more eps.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Damn. I really like this show no matter how silly it can be sometimes.

I was even ok with the product placement as part of the script.

If they must end it then good grief don't end it like SG: Universe.

Some closure would really be appreciated.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
Even though this show is silly and the plots are pretty outlandish, I like it because I like the characters. These are people I'd like to meet and interact with. I actually look forward to Monday nights.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I do find it hard to say something is "Cancelled" when 13 more eps + a christmas special are committed to. Why don't they just say "the next season is the last, and we're glad that we've done this for X years.." Because this gives the writers plenty of time to write some natural endings

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
...And the Syfy meltdown continues. It's not surprising. This channel is putrid, moves shows around like a dart-wielding monkey controls their schedule, and has nothing but contempt for the audience that their name implies they serve. Frankly, I'm amazed they gave it five seasons -- they must not have realized it was actually halfway decent.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
mattCR said:
I guess that gives the writers plenty of time to write an ending, as they have a commitment for 13 more eps.
Actually, from what I've been reading, they're already in the last stages of filming that next season, so it's not really that much time to write an ending.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I don't even watch this show, but I can tell you that if Eureka was the name of a wrestler, SyFy would renew it without a moment's hesitation.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
I'm disappointed, but not surprised. The way SyFy's moved this show around, put it hiatus, etc. and I, too, am surprised it lasted this long. Oh well, just more reason not to watch the channel. Hopefully, they'll be able to come up with a nice send-off. Maybe they could even come up with a movie or two to finish it off, ala The PeaceKeeper Wars.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
On the Eureka Facebook page: ‎
Syfy has decided the next season of Eureka will be our last. Sad news, but don't forget that there are 5 episodes left this season, an (animated) Christmas episode in December and a full Season 5 coming next year. Syfy has added an extra episode to Season 5 so we can make a proper series finale.
So, it appears that except for the extra episode, the rest of Season 5 is already fixed. At least they get the extra episode.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
spshultz said:
Finally.  Now they get it.  All I need is that they wrap it up without leaving us hanging.

Why couldn't they do this for SG: U ??

They hadn't yet learned this lesson when then canceled SG:U. Now they have and I hope that when they cancel other series they will keep this in mind.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Well, that was certainly a cliff hanger for the season finale. I have a suspicion of who took over the launch computers but I have absolutely no clue where they were sent.

And the whole Joe thing was a little touching. I'm going to really miss this show.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
This was a great Christmas episode. Probably my favorite yet. The cartoon and claymation were great but the Anime had me laughing big time. I'll miss this show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks