What's new

Eureka Entertainment expands to North America (1 Viewer)

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
This will be good news for that minority who refuse to go multi-region.

Not necessarily. There are plenty of instances where rights are only available to Eureka for the UK/rest of Europe. They're only going to bother acquiring titles that can be released both in the US and UK so being region-free won't always be a perk.

Personally, this news doesn't do anything for me. Eureka is primarily a purveyor of obscure classics and kung fu - none of which are my cup of tea. We have plenty of labels doing that stuff already.

Jeff Fearnside

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Fearnside
As mentioned by others already, this won't affect me either, being region-free--I've been buying direct from Eureka for years. The cost is highly reasonable, even terrific, especially given they're shipping from overseas. I have scores of Eureka titles, especially from their Masters of Cinema line. That said, this is awesome news for anyone who may not be on board with being region-free (though why you wouldn't be at this stage in the game if you're any kind of a film fan is a topic for an entirely different discussion...). Anyway, if nothing else, I hope this helps Eureka continue to put out their stellar products.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Not necessarily. There are plenty of instances where rights are only available to Eureka for the UK/rest of Europe. They're only going to bother acquiring titles that can be released both in the US and UK so being region-free won't always be a perk.

Personally, this news doesn't do anything for me. Eureka is primarily a purveyor of obscure classics and kung fu - none of which are my cup of tea. We have plenty of labels doing that stuff already.
Presumably Eureka know what they're doing and they're confident they'll find enough titles to make this expansion worthwhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks