What's new

Euphoria (HBO) (1 Viewer)

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Having never seen this show, I still periodically read this thread and see things about the show online and I have to say that it seems like it's well done but it also seems absolutely fucking miserable. :laugh:
Yeeeeeup.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Finally getting in here to talk about the finale...

You know, this show was a gamble of a watch from its beginning. I hate to say that I was personally drawn into this show over the huge amount of controversy concerning its explicit nature. I was curious.

However, it has turned out to be one of the best shows I have seen on HBO and this season in particular really has brought it into fruition.

Lexi's play and its interaction with the real world were amazing to watch. The two final episodes were just brilliantly written and executed.

I am not certain whether EUPHORIA is returning next year or not, but quite frankly, without a cliffhanger, the show could end its two seasons and I would be satisfied with its ending.

While I warn people looking to explore this series for the first time that it is deeply depressing, I also feel that the writing and the performances (especially from Zendaya) are first-rate. I don't regret for a moment the time I invested in this show. It has really been a pleasure to watch its story unfold in such a mesmerizing manner.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I am not certain whether EUPHORIA is returning next year or not, but quite frankly, without a cliffhanger, the show could end its two seasons and I would be satisfied with its ending.
It absolutely is returning for season 3. HBO handed it a renewal a few weeks ago. They have had a number of ratings highs this year and the debut of the finale temporarily crashed HBO Max. So I'm sure the network is happy with its performance. Whether season 3 is next year or later is unclear. We know Zendaya is going to be filming Dune: Part Two soon, which is expected to start in the summer. So it is unclear to me when Euphoria will fit into her schedule. But it is renewed and she is going to be in season 3.

There are way too many dangling threads for this to serve as an appropriate finale in my opinion, especially the lingering threat from Laurie the drug dealer against Rue. So I'm glad they are going to continue.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It is an HBO original series, so, yes, first run episodes appear on HBO and HBO Max exclusively.

Prior seasons may be available for digital purchase elsewhere. I don't know. There have been no physical media releases.

BobNewport

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bob Newport
Sad to hear. I read that his dad passed recently and Angus' family eluded to him dealing with mental illness issues.

R.I.P.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This is sad news -- especially for him being so young and successful as well.

It has been so long since Euphoria was fresh in my mind that I forgot what happened to him in Season 2 (I think he was killed in a shootout) so I don't know if he was due to be in the upcoming third season.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It's been a while for me too, but I think he was arrested and his brother was the one who was killed in the shootout.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I said in March 2022:

There have been no physical media releases.

Now there is.

71wajvEJTxL._SY679_.jpg

This is a combined release of all the episodes to date including both seasons and the special episodes between the two necessitated by Covid. It is physical media, but unfortunately it is only DVD. No Blu-ray appears to be planned.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks