What's new

ER season 12 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
3/30/06

This was one of the more uninteresting episodes of E.R. for me.

Didn't much care for Gallant's parents showing up, and then unloading their baggage on Neela. And what was up with Ray and Neela, all of a sudden Ray becoming the clingy one in their "platonic" roommate situation?

Did enjoy how Luka got out of the Africa trip by coercing Pratt into taking his place (else forfeit his Attending position next year).

How tenuous is Sam's new living situation with the rich guy with bad blood. How long can they hang with the guy, what happens when he croaks? Sam's kid Alex looked funny in a private school uniform, the other Alex (original kid actor) would have looked far more rebellous in that outfit.

Who knew you could purposefully show someone flipping the "bird" on network TV these days? It was good for a laugh considering what that guy had been through with the cops that day.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I, too was surprised to see that as well. I guess since he was signing they let him get away with that.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Abby gets a dose of nostalgia and deja vu when a precocious 12 year pleads to be not be separated with her grandma stricken by dementia (paralleling her struggles growing up with her own crazy mother).

I wish Clemente would just exit stage left, he's just tiresome to watch.

Wasn't too into the Sam and deadbeat father of Alex subplot.

Too bad the promos gave away Morris and Albright getting all up in each other's grills after Morris one-ups her on a diagnosis.

Too bad the promos gave away Weaver's recovery via hip replacement surgery.

Too bad the promos alluded to some cast member kicking the bucket, but I didn't see one do so.

Pratt is in over his head in Darfur. His first day had to be an eye-opener to him. Laughed when he left his "girlfriend" someone else's earrings. Classic!

mark alan

Supporting Actor
I know that they have already done the horrors of Africa, and it will have any less impact this time. However, if you really think about how bad things are there now, and how much worse they may get because of global warming, peak oil, AIDS, etc., etc., it really is scary.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
5/11/06

This was a tough episode all around tonight.

Pratt has come home from his stint in Darfur, and sees the victims of child abuse up close and personal, and feels powerless.

Neela gets great news and devastating news on the same day. She get a surgical internship, and then finds out that Gallant was KIA. Neela's reaction to Gallant's farewell tape was very sad.

Ray was in no man's land w/r/t Neela.

Vic's meltdown (poor taxi cab) was a long time coming, but I guess this might be the end of the road for him at County General.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
5/18/06 season finale

Good grief! That was whacked! The writers decided to just churn up the peril meter and ended with multiple cliff-hangers:

After withstanding the nutso gun battle in the ER, Abby succumbs to her injuries (or premature labor and passes out just outside the room with Kovach paralyzed/handcuffed/intebated and struggling to get to Abby who fell to the floor from the blood lost complication with her pregnancy. This was a bad day for Kovach, who also got leaned on by Weaver for not predicting the melt-down by Clemente, even though Kovach pointed out rather pointedly that it was Weaver who hired to loon, and she was washing her hands of the hire. Spineless Weaver.

Will Jerry make it?

Neelah's grieving and tore Gallant's dad a new one. Sad funeral.

Will Sam be on the run for the entire summer with Alec and her no-good father of Alec, Steve, in tow? It will look like she had a major part in springing Steve.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
Did Tony Scott direct the shoot out? The freeze frames and Slo-mo were a little much i couldn't help but laugh. The visual style didn't fit with the rest of the Episode.

The Fellow inmate was so familiar I swear he played the exact same role in something else.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I missed the last half hour. Can someone tell me what happened?? Patrick just gives snippets.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

It was more John Woo, with all the multiple clips and reloading, standing together with the glass shattering. It was missing a few doves though.

Pretty ridiculous scene, and episode. I mean, these guys were supposed to be relatively non-violent ("We aren't murderers") yet they get all Chow Yun Fat when they need to?

And then the whole Luka / Abby finale, way too much.

It was sort of like the makers of the episode pretty much hate the audience. They wanted to make it as unpleasant as possible.

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit

It's funny you say that... during that scene, I turned to my wife and said, "Did we just accidentally turn on Man on Fire?"...

Although I suppose John is right... it's probably more Woo than T. Scott.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Having killed off Gallant in the previous episode, this felt even more like a cheap stunt. This is also the second season in a row involving a cliffhanger with Sam's annoying kid.

Thinking about this, I'd rather watch a good hosptial shoot-out, like in Hard Boiled.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I thought they put way too many cliff hangers in this episode. It appeared the writers weren't confident enough with the show, so they just threw up a bunch of stuff to see what would stick.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks