What's new

EQ Question (1 Viewer)

kelvin s

Grip
Hello All,

I have a question regarding eq settings on my receiver. I was watching Terminator 2 and "The One" tonight and noticed that during action sequences ,the explosions,gunshots etc.. lacked presence,if that makes any sense. The high frequency stuff sounded fine. I guess what i`m trying to say is that the movies sounded like it was coming out of a barrel.Sorry for a lack of a better description,but thats the best i can come up with for the moment. My receiver is a denon 3801 that i purchased a few days ago. I calibrated with a spl meter using the receiver test tones. The treble is +8 and the bass +10. The channel levels are: FL +1db FR +2db CNTR +1db RR +6db RL+7db andSW +5db. My speakers are klipsch sf2 mains,sc1 center and ss1 rears. If any of you have some advice,i would love to hear it.By the way,i hope this message isn`t too confusing. THANKS!!

John Royster

Screenwriter
turn your treble and bass to zero and see if it sounds better. Jacking the bass and treble like that can overwhelm the mid frequencies and sound muffled.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
I agree with John.
Run the tone controls flat for a month. Especially with Klipsch. (;) )
(I'm not bashing, I tried Klipsch and a week later they were gone, but I understand why some people like them.)

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Also check your rcvr's set-up option for D.Range or Dynamic Range Compression. If it's not set for MAX, it will reduce the intensity of the lower end. People use it for night watching so as to not disturb others in the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks