What's new
World Wide Stereo

Epos els-3 or Monitor Audio Bronze/Silver? (1 Viewer)

kyutaek

Agent
I researched bookshelf speakers a bit and narrowed down to the following two: Epos ELS-3 and Monitor Audio Bronze/Silver.

I heard Monitor Audio Bronze B2 and Silver S2. Both were very good (sliver sounds better than bronze). little more expensive than Epos.
I didn't have a chance to hear Epos, but found a lot of praise on this particular speaker. Would this Epos be good for Home Theater surrond sound, too? If anyone can compare these two, it would be great.

Also, for HT speaker setup (5.1), which subwoofer and rear speakers would be a perfect match to these. I don't want to have a big, powerful woofer because I live in a townhome. I knew Monitor Audio had subwoofer, but not Epos.
I am a newbie and don't know how to mix/match speakers.

728x90

Philip>L

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought two pairs with stands of the Epos ELS-3 and one ELS-3C center channel. I haven't heard them yet (they're still in transit) but everything I've read about them has been great, and you can't beat the price.

Obviously I'll be using them for home theater, coupled with a SVS PCi+ 20-39. Clearly this sub dwarfs the speakers, but I'm okay with that...

kyutaek

Agent
Where did you get it, and how much?
I couldn't find any retail store that sell Epos in my area.
I probably have to order it through online if I decided to go. The lowest price I found was $269 each (including S/H).

Also, it would be great if you update after you hear sound from Epos. Thanks.

Philip>L

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not willing to recommend where I got mine, since it's been more than two weeks and they haven't arrived yet. But I paid slightly more than the price you quoted (which is what the only other online store I found that had them was selling them for...).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks