What's new
World Wide Stereo

Energy Encores and Audyssey issue... (1 Viewer)

Madhatter

Auditioning
Real Name
Andy
Hi folks,

Updated and upgraded/paid for the new Denon 3808ci features which I think is a revolution in home theater receivers to be able to do this and i love this receiver and the abilities of Audyssey

However...

After running Audyssey after the update/upgrade the results were... not good.

I am running Energy Encores, 2 energy encore subs, sitting about 12 feet from front speakers, 10 foot wide space, 1 rear center speaker at ear level behind couch ( although i guess Audyssey does not have a selection for 1 rear center 6.1 setup ), rears are ear level beside couch snout 5ft from center seating, ( so i guess 6.1 which Audyssey does not have a selection for ) and subs with xover input, LFE set on 3808, volume set at 12 o'clock on the sub

After re-running the test 3 times I get this ( which is has to be wrong )

front left 4.7ft, 200hz crossover, and -12 for vol.
front right .7ft (NOT 4.7ft ), 200hz crossover, and -12 for vol.
rears .2 and 2ft , 200hz, -12 vol
sub .1 ft, 110hz (and would not turn on with bass passages after)
front center .1ft, 120hz , -12 vol
rear center, ??? won't work for 6.1 and a single speaker

Sounds bad as you can imagine... I set the mic at main seating, left 2 ft, right 2 ft, right chair half way to tv, right of tv 4ft from main sitting, left chair half way to tv, 4 ft from main sitting , last middle tv hlaf way to screen... so 6 spots all at ear level, ALL speakers set to small and LFE in the Denon menu. I don't think this would be a hard room to calibrate ??? Ideas ???

728x90

Madhatter

Auditioning
Real Name
Andy
I should maybe post this in the Audyssey threads as well as Chris hangs out there I believe

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
A couple suggestions on speaker placement. I would put the surrounds higher than ear level and I would try to put the side ones further away, if you can. 5ft is awfully close. I would also try them a bit behind the listening position, if they are direct radiating speakers. That doesn't help with the Audyssey issues, but are just some general suggestions.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I've heard about a few problems with firmware updates on the Denon's. Try updating to the latest firmware and run Audyssey again. Use a wired connection to the internet to run the update (wireless has been reported to have problems).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trackername123
Recent bookmarks