What's new

Echostar 6000 hook-up (1 Viewer)

Ken Makela

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I'm borrowing a Bell ExpressVu/Echostar #6000 receiver for the Super Bowl on Sunday. I have a Tosh 57HX81 and I'm wondering if there are any special settings, for either the receiver or display. I know I must use the colorstream component video connection and aspect ratio selection(on the 6000), but is there anything else? The game is being broadcast in 720P (ABC), and the Tosh only does 540P and 1080i. Is there a selector on the 6000 for HD settings? A few people are coming over so I want to ensure the best results.

Thanks in Advance,

Ken

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Dishnetwork 6000 at one time needed to have a satellite connection (subscription not required) for the 8VSB module to work correctly. This may have been fixed on later software updates and maybe the BEV 6000 also.

Is there a selector on the 6000 for HD settings?
There is a menu option to select whether it will output 1080i or 720p. Since the TV will only display 1080i, select the 1080i output. The 6000 will take care of converting the signal.

There is also a menu selection for HD output on the Y Pr Pb or RGB. Pick Y Pr Pb.

-Robert

Ken Makela

Stunt Coordinator
Tony,

I know Bell ExpressVu, Canadian satellite provider, is beaming it down on one of the HDnet channels. By "off air tuner card" do you mean over the air? We don't have OTA HD stations where I live. I know the fellow from whom I'm borrowing it from gets HD on his set via satellite.

Robert,

I am a subscriber to ExpressVu already, but I only have a model 4700. My dish points to the proper bird, so I should receive the proper signal and the receiver (6000) won't know that it's not at its own home, right?

Ken

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I had forgotten that BEV gets US HD programming over sat. You should not have any problems.

-Robert

RobertM

Auditioning
if you are after the HD channels, they are all on the 61.5 sat. & you need a dish pointed there to get them.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Robert,
We are discussing the Canadian service Bel Express Vu (sp?). All of their equipment is made my Echostar (parent of Dishnetwork) so the model numbers are similar. The satellite is at 91.5.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks