What's new

East of Eden Region 3 (1 Viewer)

Can someone who has this disc comment on its quality? How is the transfer and audio? Was suprised to come across this recently, definetely interested in picking it up. Apparently it is anamorphic as well?

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Found it:

Genre : Drama
Director : Elia Kazan,
Cast : James Dean, Julie Harris, Jo Van Fleet,
Running Time : 115 Min
Rating : 15 and Over
Production Company : ±âŸ, ¾¾³×ÄÚ¸®¾Æ
Screen : Widescreen 16:9 , Color, NTSC
Audio : Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
Subtitle : English, Korean
Dubbing : English
Area Code : Region 3

I can't find any reviews anywhere on the net, though.

I have heard that Warner finally got the rights cleared up, and one would assume that when they get around to the DVD, it will be a SE, which this region 3 edition is not. Who knows how good the transfer is, but for $5.00, it's maybe worth the risk.

http://www.koreandvds.com/dvddetail.html?id=14843

Dave Danek

Stunt Coordinator
I've ordered this for $3 + shipping from the koreandvd sale. Will post comments when it arrives (probably 2 weeks or so).

dd

I love, love, love this film. I will wait for a 2 disc SE from warner in region 1. I might check out this region 3 for my curiousities sake.

Dave Danek

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I wouldn't rush out to order this one unless it is your only option for viewing in widescreen (i.e., you don't have the LD). My guess is that it is simply a transfer of the LD. It is not 16x9 from what I can tell, and the picture is washed out in bright scenes and very noisy during darker scenes. It looks a lot like what I'd expect of an LD>DVD transfer. But hey, it saved me the trouble, and it was $5+ with shipping. BTW it is all-region.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks