What's new

E1 is releasing Cimarron Strip - The Complete Series in May (1 Viewer)

Susan Nunes_329977

Second Unit
Real Name
Susan Nunes
The episodes been available through "on-demand" before; I have several of them. Too expensive for my budget right now.

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
Wasn't this one canceled because of it's expense to produce more so than ratings???

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
It seems that I remember the producers of Gunsmoke were the producers of this show as well...right???

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I definately want this one. I didn't think it would ever come out. Beside The Virginian and one season of Wagon train this is the only other Western TV show in a 90 minute format.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
Great news about Cimarron Strip. I never thought I'd be able to own this one. E1 did a great job on another favorite one-off, Ellery Queen, so I am looking forward to this release in May.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I have all of the episodes from Encore Westerns, but will gladly upgrade if we get a quality release.

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
GMBurns said:
Great news about Cimarron Strip. I never thought I'd be able to own this one. E1 did a great job on another favorite one-off, Ellery Queen, so I am looking forward to this release in May.
Thanks for the heads up on E1....it should be a fine release as I do recall being happy with EQ quality...will probably buy this set when it comes out after some reconsideration.

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
As for the box artwork...I'd prefer a closeup shot from above of Jim Crown riding his horse across the plain....from the opening credits.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Long overdue- I hope the prints will be remastered. Any news on extras- will Stuart Whitman be interviewed?

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
Charles Ellis said:
Long overdue- I hope the prints will be remastered. Any news on extras- will Stuart Whitman be interviewed?
Exactly what I wanted to ask. Or will the Stuart Whitman intros from the Encore Western showings be included?

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Have them all from Encore so the only way I would be interested in this is if they went back to the 35mm prints and put back the 6 or so minutes that were cut out of every episode. Encore ran the old CBN transfers which were edited for commercial time.

Silverking

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Street
This series was released in the UK a couple of years back. To the best of my knowledge they were complete. Curiously each episode was released as a separate DVD. Obviously to make more money though they were relatively inexpensive.

The prints used were not restored in any way other than a 'lightning up' of darker scenes. I would suspect this new complete series will use the same prints.

Kruzer31

Agent
Real Name
Doug
Amazon has the information on Cimarron Strip listed. 1,620 minutes...23 episodes = 70 minutes per episode. Syndicated prints used. too bad if info is correct.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Silverking said:
This series was released in the UK a couple of years back. To the best of my knowledge they were complete. Curiously each episode was released as a separate DVD. Obviously to make more money though they were relatively inexpensive.

The prints used were not restored in any way other than a 'lightning up' of darker scenes. I would suspect this new complete series will use the same prints.
As far as I know, only the cut 70 minute versions of the show have ever been available since the network run. So I would be very surprised if anything else was offered anywhere. Whoever did the transferring in the 80s obviously wasn't smart enough to do a set of complete transfers as well as the cut ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks