What's new

Dynasty S3 - two families to two volumes.. Bah Humbug Paramount! (1 Viewer)

David Levine

Supporting Actor

Ahh, the age old question:

Who is the troll? The poster talking about the subject at hand or the poster that is talking about other posters?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

That theoretical sale may not come until either just before or months after the release of Season x volume 2. And they may be out of one or both volumes if they bother to carry them. The first few weeks of sales matter most of all to studios.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

I'm trying to help misguided fans like yourself to enjoy owning a show they allegedly "like". And nothing is a "gift" if you have to pay for it - whatever the price. You'll just have to accept the fact that the studio feels that split seasons of certain less popular shows are the only way to make their release profitable enough for them to even bother. I know this hurts, but it's reality. So stop wasting your time whining and watch a DYNASTY episode right now.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
advertising is very costly and can lead to a minimal bump for a max expense - see the story of the Veggie-Tales to know how it can help doom a release.

What does need to get done is a plug at the end of a show reminding viewers that you can get it on DVD - kinda like they do on the History Channel.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I have come to accept the split-season volume releases for what they are. I hate em with a passion but if its gets the show released that i love, so be it. I beg of Paramount though please go back to full season sets. Please!! Start with Dynasty: S4 and The Love Boat: S2.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
The lengthy gaps on these long-run series just makes it endless if we ever want to see the shows to completion. And by that time, everything will either be switched to blu-ray, or we'll have yet another format to worry about. Dynasty will end up taking almost as much time to appear on dvd as it did to actually AIR.

I'm not complaining that the show is being released; I'm complaining 'cause it's going to take so long. When season one appeared, I figured it would take about 3 years to get the whole 9 seasons out. Instead it's going to take about EIGHT years. Sheesh!

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I hear you.. on a positive note Paramount quietly revised the rear artwork on S3V1 as it no longer contains (atleast my copy) the catfight images.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I'm not a big fan of volume releases in general. However, if this is the only way to get certain shows on the market, then fine by me. I will be continuing my Dynasty sets with this release and any other that comes out. I have yet to abandon any of my TV on DVD sets. I figure each pruchase is one step closer to having the entire series.

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit
I'm pleased they've annouced the release of Season 3 Vol 2 but I still won't be buying Season 3 at all until the whole season is released and available.

From reading this and various other threads dedicated to CBS DVD / Paramount tv product it would really appear that whoever is in charge of that section of the business is simply well, "rubbish" and really shouldn't be in their job. They obviously don't understand either their product or the consumer, which is a crying shame. I guess it's all just a numbers game to him or her.

brett tolino

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
brett tolino

Absolutely. In their know-it-all-arrogance, they prove they don't know it all, after all.

brett tolino

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
brett tolino

Not angry at all. More, I feel sorry for you.

By your continuous posting in threads about tv on dvd that you have zero interest in, you are advertising that youhave way too much time on your hands and should find more constructive, positive things to do with your time than come to post negatively in a thread about a dvd you couldn't care less about.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Okay what in the world is going on now. I just checked amazon and it says that season three vol. 1 has been "discontinued." They no longer offer it for sale; you can only get it thru private sellers. Does this mean that sales were so lousy that they let it go out of print? Or that they've rescinded their position on "half seasons" and are more or less recalling the item--intending to marry it with the second half, and release it again???

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I was able to get both volumes for $20 each through Digital Eyes' private seller account on Amazon.

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
"A reminder to those of you who are considering one of your boycots"

That's right everyone, don't even THINK about considering any "boycots".

Now, BOYCOTTS on the other hand.....

fucking inbred retard.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks