What's new

DVD Storage Cabinets (2 Viewers)

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Yea, tried to but not sure how. All my pictures are in my computer files and not sure how to post them. Can you help me out?

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Here is one section of my DVDs. Need to post more pictures once I get time to sit down and organize from Christmas. Need more space and cabinets. Racks I was using are not available anymore.

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Mike, That is just part of it. I found some racks/storage units I like but they have been sold out for awhile and don't know when they will be in stock again. Hate just piling up the excess DVDs I have that I don't have room for. I'll try to get the rest of the pictures up this week. Just wish I could have them show up bigger. Any suggestions?

Brett Miles

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have any cabinents of this style with the storage in the doors as well as the shelves (see also the post by Jay Taylor on p.1 for the pic)? I currently have one like this that I've needed to replace for some time. One of the main problems is that the doors sagged and the hinges pulled out some from their attachment to the body of the cabinent due to the weight of the media placed on the door shelves. I like the concept of the cabinent, but I need one with better construction. If anyone has one that has been in use for some time and has not shown signs of falling apart, please post a brand/website recommendation.

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
I just use standard kitchen cabinets from the HomeDepot. They easy to mount on the wall, available in many different styles and fairly cheap if you don't buy the doors. The standard height ones will fit 3 rows of DVD's. The total amount of storage varies on the length/width that you buy.

You can see pictures with and without doors on my webpage.

Laters,
Jeff

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
With the ever amount of dwindling space, what I did was, I leave all of my movies in my living room shelves and I put all of my TV on DVD in my "spare" room. I have a couple of DVD racks for the misc. ones and I put up those white shelves (from Home Depot) to house my 'collections'.

At some point, when I run out of space in my living room, I'll probably start storing my lesser favorite movies in a closet, or go with one of those 'drawer' file types of storage.

Ugh, the final thought is to stop buying them altogether....

Who said that????? :D

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor

Bob, assuming you start with a high-resolution image from your digital camera you may use photo-editing software such as Adobe Photoshop Elements to resize the image to whatever dimensions you desire. Just don’t make it so big that it slows down loading of the page or becomes cumbersome to view.

Then upload the image to a photo-hosting site such as smugmug.com pbase.com or freeimagehosting.net or to a website that you control. Once you have the image stored at an on-line site you may insert the image into your post via the "IMG" button and entering a link to your on-line picture.

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
Thanks to Peter Overduin for posting this link in a Blue-Ray thread that indicates the dimensions of the Blue-Ray case compared to an Amaray DVD case on page 29 of the pdf file.

The widths of the Blue-Ray & DVD cases are almost identical at 5.33” or 135mm.

The height of the Blue-Ray case is ¾” or 19mm shorter than the DVD case.

I’m having difficulty reading the numbers for the measurements but I believe the thickness of the DVD case is .576” or 14.65mm compared to Blue-Ray’s .433” or 11.01mm.

This means that not only will the Blue-Ray case fit in our current DVD shelving & cabinetry but we should be able to fit about 133 Blue-Ray discs in the same space as 100 DVDs! More if you're able to take advantage of the shorter height to add more shelves.

Mark Lucas

Second Unit
Hey, Jay. Did you get your Cam-am cabinets yet? Mine arrived about a week ago and it's pretty awesome. The black textured gloss finish is very nice. Heavy like a tank though. I can put all my dvds in one drawer with room to spare. :D

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
Good deal Mark! I was wondering how the black textured gloss finish looked. It's hard to tell from the on-line photos how it compares with the black satin cabinets that I ordered. They're probably both great looking.

I received a call from Can-Am yesterday that my cabinets were shipped. I contacted the shipper this morning & they said that they will be delivered tomorrow afternoon.

Can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks