What's new

DVD release of the Nannie pulled completely? (1 Viewer)

John McM

Second Unit
is there some sort of issue keeping Sony from releasing it? I seriously doubt it is lack of interest because many times, it gets higher ratings on Lifetime than The Golden Girls does

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
It's really sad because my sister was just talking about how much she wished it was coming on DVD. I told her I thought it most likely would be released around the same time as the debut of Fran Drescher's new WB sitcom...it is rather odd that they have just pulled it completely.

BTW, on Gord's site "The Nanny" is currently the 11th most requested unreleased show....so it's definitely not for a lack of interest.

Mark To

Supporting Actor
The only Nanny I care about is Nanny and the Professor. Now that would be a great release. Hmmm, Juliet Mills or Fran Drescher? Beautiful blonde with a classy British accent or ordinary brunette with a whiny, annoying accent? Tough choice but gotta go with the gorgeous blonde.

Glenise

Supporting Actor
MarkTo,

Juliet Mills is married to the guy who played in Grease 2 and Dynasty.
She married a much younger man.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Choice, choices... we always need both.

This is sad news for my wife. I had told her that The Nanny was about to be released on DVD. Would have bought all seasons, BTW (although I personally don't think the quality of the very last one was even equal to the first seasons - at least the part I saw of it). My wife wanted them all, though.

Now, if they bring out The Frisco Kid soon, she may feel compensated a little...

Cees

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Mark To, I guess since I was born in New York, and since I know gobs of people who sound like Fran Drescher, it just kind of rolls off me...she's not annoying to me at all.

However, Juliet Mills IS a great choice, and I'm sure you've picked up the Avanti! DVD. I busted my rear to find that one on release date!

Cees: I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one waiting faithfully for The Frisco Kid. We're going to have to pester Warner for that title in the next chat, eh? Considering the Harrison Ford tie-in, they ought to have released it when The Star Wars Trilogy hit DVD. Or, considering Gene Wilder's in it, it would have made a great companion release for the Blazing Saddles special edition. Ah, missed opportunities!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Silver Streak is on it's way, so I guess The Frisco Kid is bound to be next! :)

We have never been put off by Fran's voice either. First we even thought is was part of her character and that she would have a different voice herself. :laugh:

True!

Cees

John McM

Second Unit

hasn't stopped Seinfeld and Friends from coming out on DVD, and I bet they both make more in syndication than Nanny does

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Linda, you beat me to the "bionic" punch (yeah, no shame...my 2 cents for one of my "fanatic" series wants on DVD :b ) on the :emoji_thumbsup: for TSoD. I also read that "Nanny" post of Dave's and, although I'm not waiting for this particular series on DVD, I stongly "ditto" Linda's post. There's just no reason for our TV/DVD "mecca" guru's (Gord & Dave) to receive impolite e-mails regarding posts of TV series. Hey, I'm talking to myself here too (about a few series that I'd love to see released :D ). It's easy to get emotional about our favorite series and we all have to play the "waiting" game from time to time. I'd rather read the latest updates on TSoD than anywhere else on the 'net :D

Thanks for the great site, Gord, Dave L. Keep it up; we're reading daily :emoji_thumbsup:

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I hope they do a good job; there seems to have been a fair amount of pre-existing music used on this show. Sony is mixed in this area; they shelled out to re-license the Doobie Brothers songs from an episode of "What's Happening" but wouldn't even pay for the THEMES for "Dawson's Creek" and "Married with Children." I hope for this one, the word "Complete" truly means "Complete."

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

Woooo....you should have seen some of them too! My email program gave them 3 peppers (the worst you can get).

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softwinsytems13
Recent bookmarks