What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

DVD Profiler Limits (1 Viewer)

Spottedfeather

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
I was just wondering if anyone knew why the ipad version of DVD Profiler was limited to 50 titles. I know the pc version, which I use, is limited to HQ scans for 50 titles, but you're still able to ad as many titles as you want....which I do. Why isn't the ipad version the same way ?

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Don't know about the ipad version, but I have had no problem with the DVD Profiler pc version resolving over 3,000 HQ scans.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Perhaps the original poster is only on the trial version? I’m wondering, how flexible is Profiler? Can you create your own categories of media? For example, add iTunes and Vudu purchases, or is it limited to only Blu-ray and DVD? The reason I ask is because I currently use Collectorz which has recently switched to subscription based service if you want to continue getting updates. It looks like Profiler still offers free lifetime updates when you buy the program.

Spottedfeather

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Perhaps the original poster is only on the trial version? I’m wondering, how flexible is Profiler? Can you create your own categories of media? For example, add iTunes and Vudu purchases, or is it limited to only Blu-ray and DVD? The reason I ask is because I currently use Collectorz which has recently switched to subscription based service if you want to continue getting updates. It looks like Profiler still offers free lifetime updates when you buy the program.
I just use the unregistered version of the PC version of Profiler. Unregistered, you can add as many titles as you want, but after 50 titles, you can't download the HQ covers....but you can still put them in yourself. The ipad version, unless I'm incorrect, only lets you put in 50 titles until you have to register. Then, you can add more. I just wonder why the difference. I'd like to have my collection on my ipad, but with the limit, and me having 2000 movies, that's not really possible. I suppose I can do a text list.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Why not just buy the actual product? Only $14.95 for the PC version, and $2.99 for the iOS version, with lifetime updates. Very small price for a very useful product.

Spottedfeather

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Why not just buy the actual product? Only $14.95 for the PC version, and $2.99 for the iOS version, with lifetime updates. Very small price for a very useful product.
I'd like to know where I'm supposed to get that much money. Not having a paying job makes that kind of hard. If you can add as many titles as you want on the pc version, I don't see how you can't do that on the ipad version.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'd like to know where I'm supposed to get that much money. Not having a paying job makes that kind of hard. If you can add as many titles as you want on the pc version, I don't see how you can't do that on the ipad version.

If you can afford to buy Blu-rays and DVDs, I'd assume you can manage to scrounge up three bucks for the iOS version of the app and not worry about why Invelos has limited you to a 50 title database. ;)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I’m wondering, how flexible is Profiler? Can you create your own categories of media? For example, add iTunes and Vudu purchases, or is it limited to only Blu-ray and DVD? The reason I ask is because I currently use Collectorz which has recently switched to subscription based service if you want to continue getting updates. It looks like Profiler still offers free lifetime updates when you buy the program.
I have created a custom category which I have named "Digital Copy" which I use to keep track of all the digital streaming versions I own (I didn't differentiate between iTunes and Vudu). I then download an existing entry for those films (if they exist), and change the media type to "digital Copy" and lock that category. I just cannot contribute any changes I make to the entry back to the online database.

And I happen to agree with Doug. Anyone who has a collection of 2,000 movies should be able to afford to buy a license for this program if he/she likes it and wants to use all of its capabilities -- the PC version costs less than a new disc release, and the mobile versions are about the cost of a rental. I bought the PC license many years ago when the company was called Intervocative Software, and later bought the Android version for my phone.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have created a custom category which I have named "Digital Copy" which I use to keep track of all the digital streaming versions I own (I didn't differentiate between iTunes and Vudu). I then download an existing entry for those films (if they exist), and change the media type to "digital Copy" and lock that category. I just cannot contribute any changes I make to the entry back to the online database.

And I happen to agree with Doug. Anyone who has a collection of 2,000 movies should be able to afford to buy a license for this program if he/she likes it and wants to use all of its capabilities -- the PC version costs less than a new disc release, and the mobile versions are about the cost of a rental. I bought the PC license many years ago when the company was called Intervocative Software, and later bought the Android version for my phone.
I did the same thing months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marv74BR
Recent bookmarks