DVD player suggestion for HDTV. (Sony DVP-NS755V?)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BertFalasco, Dec 27, 2002.

1. BertFalasco

BertFalasco Supporting Actor

Mom got family a Mitsubishi 65" beautiful HDTV. Any suggestions on DVD players, of course equipped with prog. scan and such. I got my eye on the Sony DVP-NS755V..anyone own this model, if so, reviews? [​IMG]
    Thanks in advance.
    -Bert

2. Ryan Patterson

Ryan Patterson Stunt Coordinator

I had a chance to check out the model a couple of days ago, but it unfortunately has the chroma bug. If you know what this is and are sensitive to it, I would suggest looking elsewhere.
    I just picked up a Panasonic RP82 yesterday and it is sweet. It has all the features that I was looking for on the Sony DVP-NS755V (ie. Built-in DD and DTS). I think the only main difference may be that it plays DVD Audio instead of SACD. Neither one of these formats interest me at this time, and thus it wasn't part of my final decision.
    If you want to know more about the Chroma problem, you can go here. The problem is so bad that the site will no longer give a DVD player a passing grade if it has the Chroma problem. Be warned- if you haven't seen it before, this could ruin you forever! [​IMG]
    Regards,
    Ryan

3. BertFalasco

BertFalasco Supporting Actor

Thanks for the insight.

I'll be getting maybe an Outlaw reciever which definitely has DD/DTS so is the step down Panasonic CV72 without the DD/DTS? I need a good DVD player with prog. scan but not neccessarily DD/DTS (if it has a real significant increase in price due to that).

Thanks

-Bert

4. Rick_FL

Rick_FL Stunt Coordinator

I think that's kind of silly. look at how much they had to zoom in, LOL

5. Ryan Patterson

Ryan Patterson Stunt Coordinator