What's new

DVD Media Help with Denon DVD-2200 [NOT a burning thread!!] (1 Viewer)

I have a Denon DVD-2200 DVD player, and while I love the quality of it, it can be a bit "picky" as to the types of DVD media that play on it. For example, I went skydiving and had a DVD made of the jump, and it didn't play well on the Denon, but played fine on my Samsung downstairs. I have some other personal stuff I want transferred to DVD format...and need some direction into good, RELIABLE, DVD Media that will play just fine on my DVD-2200 player.

Does anyone have any insight into what sort of media will play well on this?

I have heard TDK +r and FUJI -R seem to be some of the more reliable overall, and have also heard RIATEK is something to avoid...but I'm just as interesting in anyone who owns and has experience with Denon players...which don't seem to "play anything you throw at it"

Thanks!

Kevin T

Screenwriter
try taiyo yuden. they work fine in my denon 5900. i've use ritek in the past, but qc seems to have gone down and i switched to the ty discs. also, do not use sticker labels as they will cause an imbalance on the disc and cause skipping. i learned this the hard way.

kevin t

Thanks I will give those a try.

Should I get the +R or the -R ?

For that matter...what really is the difference between the two?

Kevin T

Screenwriter
-r is more generally compatible, but +r should work fine with your denon. much like vhs and beta, when dvd burners were introduced, there were several flavors of media available. -r seems to be the most popular.

kevin t

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks