What's new

DVD BD UHD of Kellie O Hara in stage Productions of South Pacific and the King and ? (1 Viewer)

edelweissflower

Supporter
Real Name
STEPHEN COWLEY
Just seen on the Ultra HD channel on Vigin in the UK the filmed performance of Kellie OHara in the stage production of 'The King and I' and wondering whether it will be released on DVD BD or UHD as I liked it more than the 1956 film as all the songs are intact unlike the film which cut some of the best ones out. Also will we see the same of her performance in
South Pacific which in many ways for me was better and more complete than the 1958 fim version.

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
Another production, broadcast once on PBS, "She Love Me" with Zachary Levi and others. I'd love to get a disc of that. There was one on ebay at one time from, I think, Australia. Official release I think.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Another production, broadcast once on PBS, "She Love Me" with Zachary Levi and others. I'd love to get a disc of that. There was one on ebay at one time from, I think, Australia. Official release I think.
More than once. I've recorded it onto a DVR on two separate occasions (lost each one under bizarre circumstances). Hope it comes around at least one more time so I can get it again. It's a magnificent production.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
The recent Metropolitan Opera production of The Hours with Kelli O'Hara and Renee Fleming was stunning. That's the Kelli O'Hara (who plays the Julianne Moore role) production I want on blu ray. It was shown theatrically care of Fathom events.
Agree. However, the MET has stuck to the DVD format for some unfathomable reason. Check their most recent releases and you will notice this unfortunate trend. No more BDs.
The Hours was excellent.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Kellie O'Hara also did a wonderful semi-staged concert of Rodgers & Hammerstein's Carousel which was shown on PBS - quite a glorious production. That would be welcome on disc as well.
That is on DVD . It is also available for free to stream with Amazon Prime or you can purchase the HD streaming version from Amazon Prime for $5.99.

Last edited:

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel

Attachments

• 100_1406.jpg
    100_1406.jpg
    622.4 KB · Views: 45

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
There is a subscription service called BroadwayHD which currently has the version of"She Loves Me" mentioned above. I don't know if they have any free intro but you could join for a month and catch a few plays and musicals you can't see elsewhere as well as many that are available in other places.

Last edited:

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
The Chichester Festival Theatre's 2022 Production of SOUTH PACIFIC was also pro-shot. I found it to be
an amazing production, with a Bloody Mary who was a revelation, and brilliant staging throughout. If
you can lay your hands on a copy it's well worth seeing. I think it's right up there with the 1992 Royal
National Theatre production of CAROUSEL as far as totally rethinking a classic American musical and
succeeding beyond any expectations. That one then played at Lincoln Center, but was sadly never
filmed.

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
There is one on ebay now from New Zealand, Region 1, but conflicting info on the listing does states he won't ship to US. I cannot even contact him via ebay to inquire. Appears to be legitimate release though.

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
I only have eyes for Laura Benanti.
Have you heard the cast album of the musical "Women On the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown? Benanti has the most hilarious song I've ever heard on that CD -- "Model Behavior". Also wonderful on the Lupone "Gypsy" cast album.

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
The Chichester Festival Theatre's 2022 Production of SOUTH PACIFIC was also pro-shot. I found it to be
an amazing production, with a Bloody Mary who was a revelation, and brilliant staging throughout. If
you can lay your hands on a copy it's well worth seeing. I think it's right up there with the 1992 Royal
National Theatre production of CAROUSEL as far as totally rethinking a classic American musical and
succeeding beyond any expectations. That one then played at Lincoln Center, but was sadly never
filmed.
Is the Chichester production also referred to as the National Theater Production or are they two different productions? Thank you.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Is the Chichester production also referred to as the National Theater Production or are they two different productions? Thank you.
Two different productions. You can Google it for all the info on cast, etc.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I absolutely, positively hate Laura Benanti with an unlimited passion. Not only is she gorgeous, but she also has an extraordinary singing voice that hearkens back to the days of the late Barbara Cook; and to top it all, she is also a very talented actress (actor, in today's parlance).
Alas, I've also been told by people in the know, that she is a mensch, a good human being.
Who can stand such perfection?

PaulRossen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul Rossen
I absolutely, positively hate Laura Benanti with an unlimited passion. Not only is she gorgeous, but she also has an extraordinary singing voice that hearkens back to the days of the late Barbara Cook; and to top it all, she is also a very talented actress (actor, in today's parlance).
Alas, I've also been told by people in the know, that she is a mensch, a good human being.
Laura Benanti was perfect at the performance of My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center that I attended. What a great performer!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
You had me gob-smacked for a second!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks