What's new

DVD-Audio? (1 Viewer)

Aron

Grip
I just bought a couple of DVD-Audio disc to use on my Panny RP-91 DVD-Audio player. I hooked up the RP-91 using optical to my Marantz SR7200 receiver. When I play the DVD-Audio disc, it only comes out as 2 channel stereo no matter if I select the Surround or Stereo tracklist option on the Disc. To take advantage of the 5.1 surround tracks, do I have to connect it to the receiver using the 5 analog connectors on the back of the Panny RP-91?

Jim Prillaman

Stunt Coordinator
DVD-Audio can only be played through the analog outputs (copy protection -- no digital output). So, you are exactly correct: you will need to hook the RP-91 up to your receiver using the 6 analog connectors.

Aron

Grip
Thanks...

I got it working..It's a really different experience with the 5.1 surround. I don't know if it's any better than stereo tho.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
The main advantage is the higher resolution. You should be hearing a 24/96 signal, before I'm not sure what you might have gotten, but it may have just be 16/44.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks