What's new

DTS:X Integrated in the G7ThinQ (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Exclusive DTS:X Audio Solution Integrated

In the G7ThinQ, LG Electronics’ Newest Mobile Phone

DTS:X technology delivers a dynamic immersive audio experience in the LG G7ThinQ

CALABASAS, Calif. (May 3, 2018)Xperi Corporation (Nasdaq: XPER) (“Xperi” or “the Company”), is pleased to announce a partnership with LG Electronics to integrate an exclusive version of DTS:X® immersive audio technology and a multi-channel codec featuring a suite of advanced solutions into LG’s latest mobile phone, the G7ThinQ, to deliver a premium entertainment experience.

DTS:X technology for mobile devices delivers enhanced audio from the device’s built-in speaker as well as headphones and ear buds, allowing users to enjoy their content anywhere they are.

The LG G7ThinQ features the latest DTS:X audio enhancement technologies optimized for the innovative G7ThinQ design, delivering an ultimate mobile audio experience for playback of movies, games and music.

“We developed this DTS:X solution exclusively for LG mobile phones based on our long-term partnership with LG Electronics to deliver unparalleled immersive sound for their consumers,” said Jea Yoo, president of Xperi Korea. “This partnership with LG Electronics will take the mobile entertainment experience to a whole new level.”

The LG G7ThinQ will be available in South Korea in May followed by in the US in early June with additional rollouts following in regions around the world.

For more information about DTS, please visit www.dts.com or connect with DTS on Facebook, Twitter (@DTS) and Instagram (@DTS).

About Xperi Corporation

Xperi Corporation (Nasdaq: XPER) and its brands, DTS, FotoNation, HD Radio, Invensas and Tessera, are dedicated to creating innovative technology solutions that enable extraordinary experiences for people around the world. Xperi’s solutions are licensed by hundreds of leading global partners and have shipped in billions of products in areas including premium audio, automotive, broadcast, computational imaging, computer vision, mobile computing and communications, memory, data storage, and 3D semiconductor interconnect and packaging. For more information, please call 408-321-6000 or visit www.xperi.com.

DTS, Xperi and their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of affiliated companies of Xperi Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other company, brand and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.

SOURCE: XPERI CORPORATION

XPER-D

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I just upgraded to the LG G8 Thinq, as the Sprint lease was coming due on my Samsung Galaxy S8. My goal was to keep my monthly lease payment the same, and Sprint was offering a 50% monthly discount on the LG that met my goal (the Galaxy S9 and S10e were both more).

While there are a few things I don't like as well with the LG, I will say the audio via my wired Etymotic earbuds is drastically improved on the LG over my old Samsung. Audio quality for music on a smartphone wasn't a big deal to me until I accidentally ran my iPod Nano through the washing machine a year ago. Since Apple doesn't make the Nano anymore (and used prices are ridiculous), I started using my phone instead for music while traveling. The audio quality of the Samsung was very disappointing in comparison to the iPods I have owned. The LG, though, is probably the best sounding portable music player I have ever owned.

I was impressed enough with the audio to copy most of my personal digital music library to a 128GB microSD card that I installed in the phone, so I now can carry my entire collection with me wherever I go.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Just as a follow-up, I ended up transferring the LG G8 Thinq to my wife and getting a Samsung Galaxy S10e. Sprint was offering a good lease price on the Samsung now, and my wife's lease on her low-end Samsung phone was up.

While I liked the audio on the LG, the Android Auto app kept disconnecting from my vehicle when I would hit an area without data coverage. Since I use the Android Auto app a lot for navigation, this was unacceptable to me. My wife never uses the navigation with AA, so this isn't an issue for her. The LG phone is a big improvement over her old Samsung Galaxy J3.

J

JayJay

Just as a follow-up, I ended up transferring the LG G8 Thinq to my wife and getting a Samsung Galaxy S10e. Sprint was offering a good lease price on the Samsung now, and my wife's lease on her low-end Samsung phone was up.

While I liked the audio on the LG, the Android Auto app kept disconnecting from my vehicle when I would hit an area without data coverage. Since I use the Android Auto app a lot for navigation, this was unacceptable to me. My wife never uses the navigation with AA, so this isn't an issue for her. The LG phone is a big improvement over her old Samsung Galaxy J3.

I have the G8 and really like it.

So I take it you didn't load the all new version of AA to your G8 before deciding to switch?

How well is the Samsung handling AA?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I have the G8 and really like it.

So I take it you didn't load the all new version of AA to your G8 before deciding to switch?

How well is the Samsung handling AA?
I had the latest version of Android Auto installed at the time, and the firmware on my vehicle was also at the latest version.. It just didn't work properly when paired with my GMC Acadia. The Samsung Galaxy S10e has worked perfectly with the same vehicle, just as my old Galaxy S8 did. I did get a new version of AA for the Galaxy S10e recently, but I have not tried it again on the LG. My wife doesn't use her phone for navigation (she's happy with her Buick Encore's built-in navigation on the rare occasion she needs it, although I much prefer Google Maps), and she's not giving up the LG anyway.

My wife does really like the LG G8 ThinQ. It's a very nice phone, except for the AA glitch I encountered. Unfortunately, I use my phone for navigation a lot, so it was an unacceptable defect.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
It is really a shame that LG has exited the smart phone market. The G6 was possibly the best smartphone I've owned up to this point.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
It is really a shame that LG has exited the smart phone market. The G6 was possibly the best smartphone I've owned up to this point.
The LG G8 that my wife had (and I had before her) was an excellent phone, except for that one Android Auto glitch I mentioned above. That was a show-stopper for me, but irrelevant for my wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks