What's new

DTS on Rotel RSX-1065 (1 Viewer)

Bowers Wilkins

Auditioning
I have a Rotel RSX-1065 that I am using with a Sony DVD player (DVP-NS400D). Both pieces are DTS capable but I do not seem to be able to get a DVD in DTS mode.

SURR MODE from the Rotel OSD does not even display DTS as a selectable option. Did I neglect to connect something correctly? Thanks.

DTS cannot be manual selected on the RSX-1065. It's autoswitched when it gets an DTS audiostream.

Check you have the DVD player digital connected (coax/optical)to the RSX-1065 and that the coax/optical input is activated. Make sure the player gives an bitstream output.
And, ofcourse, select the DTS stream when playing a disc(that's not default when a disc is played).

Then it should work.

Bowers Wilkins

Auditioning
My setup is as follows:

Connecting the DVD player to the receiver is Accoustic Research Performance Series High Definition Digital Fiber Optic Audio Cable. This is connected from Digital Out - Optical on the DVD player to Digital Input - Optical on the receiver.

MAIN MENU>SURR MODE presents the following options on the OSD: Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby 3 Stereo, Music 1, Music 2,Music 3, Music 4, 5 channel stereo, 7 channel stereo, PCM 2 CH.

The manual states that the receiver automatically decodes the DTS signal. There is a DTS option light on the face of the receiver as well as the DVD player. Since the DTS light is not displaying on the DVD player or the receiver I assume that the DTS mode is not being activated when I select the option from the main DVD menu.

Sreeni

Grip
On my dvd player, I had to select audio to Digital and DTS on. Look at the DVD player menu and not the dvd menu to find some of these options. Once this is set, I am sure your receiver will play DTS.Good Luck
Sreeni

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks