Does the Sony 755v have the chroma bug?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnMW, Sep 4, 2002.

1. JohnMW

JohnMW Second Unit

I did a search and pulled up a few older threads discussing the possibility of the new 755v having the chroma bug. I just ordered one from Crutchfield so I will be able to see for myself soon enuff. Please post your experiences with the 755v.

2. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

There was a discussion about this a couple of weeks ago. There is evidence of the chroma bug, but there was a debate as to the severity of it. I just picked up a 755 last night. I can't use the progressive scan, so I can't help you on that.

I preveiously owned an old Sony 300 and wasn't able to use DTS on any DVDs. I was very pleased with the DTS sound on the few DVDs I own with the audio option.

3. Bob East

Bob East Agent

John, I own the Sony 755 and yes it does have the chroma bug. If you own a copy of the Sound and Vision test disc, go to the DTS demo under the extras section. When in progressive mode the bug is clearly visible. However when I run the 755 into my Sony 32hv600 in interlaced mode using the cinemotion mode of my tv(3/2 pulldown mode)there is no chroma bug and the picture quality is tremendous. The 755 is also a fine sounding unit for cd and SACD play. Hope you enjoy yours!