What's new

Does the Sony 755v have the chroma bug? (1 Viewer)

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
I did a search and pulled up a few older threads discussing the possibility of the new 755v having the chroma bug. I just ordered one from Crutchfield so I will be able to see for myself soon enuff. Please post your experiences with the 755v.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
There was a discussion about this a couple of weeks ago. There is evidence of the chroma bug, but there was a debate as to the severity of it. I just picked up a 755 last night. I can't use the progressive scan, so I can't help you on that.

I preveiously owned an old Sony 300 and wasn't able to use DTS on any DVDs. I was very pleased with the DTS sound on the few DVDs I own with the audio option.

Bob East

Agent
John, I own the Sony 755 and yes it does have the chroma bug. If you own a copy of the Sound and Vision test disc, go to the DTS demo under the extras section. When in progressive mode the bug is clearly visible. However when I run the 755 into my Sony 32hv600 in interlaced mode using the cinemotion mode of my tv(3/2 pulldown mode)there is no chroma bug and the picture quality is tremendous. The 755 is also a fine sounding unit for cd and SACD play. Hope you enjoy yours!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks