What's new
World Wide Stereo

DLP Projector in movie theater (1 Viewer)

Sonnyc

Grip
I'm not sure if this has been posted before. Sorry if it has.

My local theater (Century 22) offers one of its movie, Sin City on DLP projector. I'd like to check it out but wonder if any of you tried it? What's the largest screen size DLP can get? Picture quality? It's said that there'll be less "scratches" more clarity and defined details. Due to the B&W nature of this movie, I wonder if DLP would make a big difference.
The normal film projector for this theater is pretty big and pretty good.

Thanks

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Just go check it out, D-Cinema can be pretty good. IMO it doesn't have the resolution yet to support as close a viewing angle as film, but I've only seen what I believe was a 1024 unit about a year ago. It also lacked the on/off CR of film (and film is fairly low). These units are 3-chip DLPs of course, and screen size capability mainly has to do with lumen output, and also do some degree the resolution (but this has to do with viewing angle and not absolute size).

You seem curious, you should go and see a commercial DLP presentation and make your own judgement. It would also be informative to know what the projector is, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks