What's new

Dishnetwork Locals and ESPN classic (1 Viewer)

NickRHave

Agent
I was wondering if anyone out there knew why Dish has dropped ESPN classic? Also, I live in the Chicago area and my neighbor next door has Direct t.v. and is receiving ALL the local channels and Dish is not. I'm not talking just the big 4 networks, he has all the small ones as well. DOes anyone know if Dish will too?

Bob Jackson

Stunt Coordinator
1) They dropped ESPN Classic because Charlie does not like the fees ESPN is charging.
2) If you go to http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/p...id=11&sortby=1 to see all the channels they offer. 7 stations are on the main sats, but 5 smaller stations are on the satellite at 61.5. This requires a seperate dish and some extra switches, but under Federal law they can not charge for them. When they get their new satellite up and running, you can use your Dish 500 and the free equipment deal is no longer needed to meet the law.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Nick,

I just noticed last night that Dish is changing their local channels around. The local channels will start at channel 8000. As of last night, channel 712 was ABC for chicago and channel 8424 (or something like that, if you put in 8000 it will take you to the channel). I noticed that we have abc, cbs, nbc, wgn, wpwr, and wttw. Although this may not be all the locals, I was happy to see channel 11, wttw.

If you scroll up and down the current local channels, ie channel 712, 737, etc. you should see a new channel in between there called local channels which is basically a screen telling you were the new channels are located.

Hope this helps.

NickRHave

Agent
Thanks for the responses. So, I can get extra equipment for free now. The equipment is another dish on my house. If I wait though, all those channels will be on the dish 500. Is this correct? Also, if the merger with Hughes goes through I will have to get new equipment again, right? This is getting confusing. I want my ESPN classic back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shronkey234
Recent bookmarks