What's new

DirecTV HDTV Ripoff (1 Viewer)

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
The parent company behind Voom has a spotty history. That's why I really have no confidence in them. From my vantage point, I see myself either sticking with Cable or going to DirecTV. Shane's comments and most of what's in this thread basically confirm my instincts.

Steve*_P

Agent
I just bought an Accurian HDTV receiver from Radioshack last night I got 4,5,7 great and 25,38,56 didn't come in at all i think it's because I have to move my antenna. So I get home from work today turn on the TV and the HD receiver and channel 4 is justa black screen. If I go into the channel edit menu there is an option there to select what channel you what. If I go to channel 4 it shows the picture in a little box in the menu, if I select channel 4 and get out off the menu the screen in black again. Does anyone think they might know what's going on with this. I might return it and try another one and see what happens.

Thanks

Steve

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Plug your address into www.antennaweb.org and check to see what channels you should be able to pick up with the antenna you have. It takes 30 seconds and might save you a trip to the store. You may be too far from the broadcasting locations to pick up the channels you mention. Also, make sure that your antenna can pick up both vhf and uhf signals. Finally, are you tuned to the digital stations? They usually have numbers like 4.1, 5.1, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks