What's new

DirectV HD DVR problem diagnosis help (1 Viewer)

Robb Cadigan

Auditioning
I have a new HR10-250 that is having a problem with HD channels. Specifically, I get heavy pixelization and audio dropouts at random times on HD channels (HBO, HDNet, etc). I do not experience the problem on the local OTA HD channels.

This is my second unit. The first had the same issues and was replaced. (DirecTV came out and looked at the setup and said it looked like a problem with the first unit's hard drive.)

When I hook up my old HD receiver (a Sony non-DVR) the picture is fine.

As this is my second HR10-250 unit with the problem, I am thinking it is probably something else. But I can't think what it might be. Can anyone help with a diagnosis? Thanks so much.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Since it is only happening on HD channels via satellite, it's not the drive. My drive died last weekend and it was a completely different set of problems. It took about 2 hours to replace it and that included driving to Office Max for a 320GB Western Digital drive.

Have you checked the signal strength on each satellite/transponder/tuner combination? Have you compared it with your non-DVR HD receiver? And since you have a pair of cables running to this location check both with the non-DVR receiver.

-Robert

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
I have the HR10-250 and experiencied the same problem from time to time lately. I believe DirecTV is doing something with their signal to cause the problem.

BTW what kind of hard drive does the HR10-250 have? SATA, IDE etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks