What's new

Dipole mount on open wall space (1 Viewer)

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Hi guys -

First post, but I have been reading on the forum for about a month now (and still have a lot more reading to do). I am setting up my first home theater. I already have the TV (57 inch RP hitachi 16:9 HD) and receiver (denon 1804). I have reserved some speakers with jon at the audio insider, swan 2.1's for the mains, C3 and R3 surrounds.

My question is about mounting the surrounds. The room is about 17x17, with a 7'9" ceiling, carpeted floor. Wires were run in the ceiling when we had the basement finished. The room has three full walls, but the back wall, where the couch is located, has about a 9 foot open entrance with some open space behind it. From what I've read, the dipole surrounds should be mounted directly across from the ends of the couch and at least two feet from the rear wall. The problem is with the one on the left side. Since there is no "rear wall" behind this speaker and nothing for the sound to reflect back off of, will this mess up my sound? Would I be better without dipoles? The speakers should be in stock in a week or two and I want to make the right decision. Help! Thanks in advance. I'll need advice on wall mounts for the R3's eventually, so if in answering my question above, you have a wall mount suggestion too, fire away!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks