What's new

Digital Sound Meter (1 Viewer)

crankbait09

Agent
Real Name
Shawn
Before I buy a digital sound meter to sycronize my home theater speakers, has anyone ever downloaded a sound meter app on their smart phone and compared it to an actual sound meter? how close were the results???? can I use that app rather then buying a meter and have pretty darn good results?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Depends what you intend to do.Simply match the volume of the speakers...try an app first.If you want to tweak your system using the EQ, no, you need an actual meter.If you want to EQ tweak, go here(buy the SPL meter they say to buy as their tracks are tuned for the specific one)Audiocheck.net

crankbait09

Agent
Real Name
Shawn
well thats a nifty site!!!

Do you know if the Denon-AVR1513 has "auto sycronizing"? I read about this online on some receiver units

i should have just personal messaged you :D

crankbait09

Agent
Real Name
Shawn
ya, i read somewhere that you can select a setting on a receiver that will set all your surround speakers to the same sound level.............am i in my own dillusional world about this? does this not exist?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks