What's new
World Wide Stereo

Dharman or PB1 (1 Viewer)

Arron H

Second Unit
Since both retail at $599, is this a winner here or will these subs offer similar performance?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
If they are the same(which i doubt) then the SVS wins out with AMAZING customer service/shipping asap...heck, if ya don't like the SVS , send it back..its worth a shot for 30 bucks isn't it? I went back and forth...glad I bought mine:) tom

Arron H

Second Unit
Thanks, Tommy. I am not worried about the service of either Adire or SVS. Both are great (I have worked with both companies). My question was and still is, are both products really about equal in terms of performance or does one have an advantage over the other? The Dharman is a beast and I am assuming that the PB1 is as well. Because they are at the same price point, it really would help to know where the PB1 stands verses the Dharman. Is there a winner here or is it a push? I would be inclined to go with a Dharman if it's a push as I wouldn't mind driving about to see Adire's new digs (I live close to Seattle).

Marc*F

Stunt Coordinator
This is what I am considering also :)

I'm after the lowest bass extension possible....I'm thinking maybe the Dharman can do it just abit better down around the 20hz mark...although both great subs (thats why I can't decide)...but then again if its not really an audible difference I am leaning towards the SVS PB1-ISD :)

Anyone know any figures of output measured between these 2 subs at 20hz? What are the internal volumes of each of these subs?

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Marc,

The internal volume of the Dharman is as follows:

Dharman is Adire's newest powered sub offering. Combining a custom 109L cabinet, a 12" driver, twin 3" flared vents, and 280W of power, Dharman is a great foundation for most home theater systems. All for $599, complete
* - Information collected from the Acoustic-Visions Web site.

Marc*F

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know how much internal volume a PB1-ISD has and also the 25-31PCI?

Joel()Les

Agent
Marc, you could estimate the SVS PB1 volume from the specs on the website. As I recall they state they walls are 1" thick and you need an allowance of an inch or so for the down firing woofer.

Or you could e-mail them. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks