What's new

Dexter Season 4 (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Well, as much as I thought the possibility of the reporter being the shooter was really weak, at least with her being Trinity's daughter it makes a bit more sense.

That scene at Trinity's house when he went ballistic was pretty intense. Actually had me at the edge of my seat which is very rare for me for a television show.

How many more episodes are there? Three?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Raasean Asaad /forum/thread/291841/dexter-season-4/90#post_3630519

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by ScottH

Well, as much as I thought the possibility of the reporter being the shooter was really weak, at least with her being Trinity's daughter it makes a bit more sense.

That scene at Trinity's house when he went ballistic was pretty intense. Actually had me at the edge of my seat which is very rare for me for a television show.

How many more episodes are there? Three?
I believe so - Sunday was the 9th and there's been 12 in each of the previous seasons.

I agree - I thought the confrontation was pretty intense, and then the car ride home with 'Harry' - it'll be interesting to see where it goes from here. I assume that Arthur went to his daughter to get her to either find out about 'Kyle', or for her to take care of it for him.

Jim_F

Screenwriter
Idle thought: Do we know for sure if Elliot's GF really moved out after the fight seen through the rear window? Maybe she just "disappeared".
At least Rita might feel guilty enough to give Dex some extra latitude.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Jim, with this show that's a very good thought.

Also, it's a shame to see a classic Mustang convertible get beaten up like that.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
It was another great one. The previews looked killer too. They make it so hard to have to wait the week for the next ep.

Looks like we won't get to see the reporter chick in anymore 'good' scenes.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
It was another great episode. I expected the kid to survive but they were still very tense & creepy scenes. The next two episodes look to be great as well!

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
So I wonder how Dexter got out of that situation where Arthur left the scene with the boy. Anonymous 911 call I guess?

Definitely wish I didn't watch the previews:

They revealed Trinity figuring out Kyle's true identity.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Whoa. The reveal in the previews was a real flash forward because it took the whole damn ep for it to happen; but damn was it a stunner.
The whole episode was packed with a lot of tension and back and forth. I cannot wait for next Sunday now ;)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Great episode. Dexter was stretched past his limits and Trinity took advantage of it. The closing shots were awesome. Next week should be a real capper.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Despite the continued excellence of the performances, I'm finding each new episode more trying than the last. The plot is no longer driven by character but by writers' tricks designed for "twists" (the same approach that has made 24 such as bore and threatens to take down Damages). The reporter being Trinity's daughter is the most obvious example. Dexter being so easily manipulated by Trinity in episode 11 (lured to the amusement arcade so that Trinity can follow him) is the most recent. And as I said to my wife after the episode concluded:

"If Trinity turns out to be Dexter's father, I'm outta here!"

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Michael:

Expect to be watching your last episode of Dexter on Sunday because that will surely be the case.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Reagrding the spoiler

Would Miami Metro have Dexters DNA? Wouldn't it of popped up when searching their database?

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Shrug.

Not getting the feeling of contrivance.

The reporter being Trinity's daughter is a twist and not a trick. As to Dexter's being fooled by Trinity, I felt the episode did a fair job of showing Dexter juggling a lot of balls ie the mirror shot was a nifty visual representation of that. His juggling of his passenger, all of various personas -real and fake, and his not-so external facade anymore ie the need to get Trinity versus the need to be a brother to Deb gave a valid reason as to why Dexter slipped up.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
What?

Where's this idea that Trinity is Dexter's father coming from? That doesn't make any damn sense. And didn't he prove who his father was in Season 1?

I realize that they've this background story running and something about his father will likely be revealed, but that just can't be it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks