What's new

Dexter Season 4 (1 Viewer)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Originally Posted by Lou Sytsma /forum/thread/291841/dexter-season-4/60#post_3625605

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Hate to say it, but I don't like Dexter interacting so openly with Trinity. For an example, by travelling to Tampa with him, they'd show up togetherr in surveillance video from the hardware store, the restaurant, and there would be numerous witnesses that they made an impression on who saw them together, including the family in the restaurant and the current occupants of Trinity's childhood home. If Trinity disappeared in Tampa Dexter would be caught so quickly it'd be silly. In fact if he disappears at all I'm sure the family is going to mention "Kyle". It's uncharacteristic of Dexter to be this careless.

Sloppy writing, IMO. I know that they need to have Dexter and Trinity interact to make it interesting but they are stretching credulity past the breaking point here.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Since we don't know how it ends, that's not a sure thing. In fact, they may be laying this out for Dexter NOT to kill Trinity.. that Debra gets him first ;)

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
The previews for next week show look great.

It looks like Trinity's outwardly perfect family is just a facade and they've been living in terror of him for who know how long.
And just who really shot Deb? Maybe Lundy wasn't single and his wife did the shooting.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Originally Posted by mattCR

Since we don't know how it ends, that's not a sure thing. In fact, they may be laying this out for Dexter NOT to kill Trinity.. that Debra gets him first ;)
In fact I'm fairly sure it won't be Dexter who gets him, because if Dexter did kill him at this point, he'd logically be found out fairly quickly. If he'd killed him in Tampa as he'd planned, he'd be toast.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I know reporters will go to any lengths to get a story, but actually shooting someone? They report the news not create it.

Although anything could happen on Dexter. :) I was hoping we'd get another show with the reporter but her advances were spurned.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
While I'm enjoying this season, it certainly has a lot of twists and turns, I might be in the minority but I think I found last season a bit more interesting, I really like Jimy Smits's interaction with Dexter, part of me would liked Migue to stay sane and Allowed Dexter to have a confident on the inside.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I'm sticking to what I predicted here, right after Lundy and Deb got shot...

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/291841/dexter-season-4/30#post_3621697

(The fact that we haven't even seen him since then only reinforces it even more in my mind.)

Jim_F

Screenwriter
They're making an issue of the fact the the shooter has to be Masuka's height, so Anton's too tall ("Anton's a big guy, lots of skin.") to qualify.
It's looking like Debra will get the collar on Trinity. If he were to wind up secretly piecemeal in the Gulfstream, that would be an unsatisfactory outcome for Deb.
If Christine gets shipped off to Death Row, maybe we can see some more of Yuki?

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I agree. All you can really tell from her wound is the height the gun was at. And why didn't Dexter figure that out. Do blood spatter analysts only work on dead people?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Antone can be as tall as they want him to be at this point. They've never specifically stated how tall he is or that he's a "tall guy" ("big guy" isn't necessarily the same thing). If it is the reporter, that would be really weak, but it would explain why she continues to get screen time and Quinn even gives her the time of day.

Jim_F

Screenwriter
I agree that the "shooter's height" detective work seems weak, but there it is. The reference to the "big guy" line was just a nod to a dark comic moment that made me laugh out loud. Anton is pretty tall, though:

I don't think it's Quinn, but...?

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
The height thing sure seems to point to the reporter but that seems too obvious. I am thinking it could be Trinity's son. He may know his father's secret and was protecting him. I think the son is about the right height too.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I think you guys are over-analyzing the height thing. I think all it does is exonerate Trinity since it's been made pretty obvious how tall he is. But as was stated before by others, the whole trajectory of the bullet thing does seem like a weak alibi.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
The height thing only mattered when they thought Trinity was the killer, wasn't it? Since he has been murdering since the 70s, he's already an older man, who couldn't squat down very easily. Then they found out that he couldn't be the killer because of the height (Trinity is too tall) so it must be a shorter person. But someone else (someone younger?) could be squatting, couldn't he/she?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks