What's new

Dexter Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
Charlie Campisi said:
Great call bro! I was looking forward to Dex on the table looking up at King, but great prediction by you.[/quo

te]
Well..

From the previews for next week it looks like you may get you wish!!!!

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma

Thanks! So much better!

The show continues to surprise. Expected Miguel to last until the last episode.

Two nitpicks in a show that has always had tight screenplays:

1) Miguel leaving his computer open to show that Laguerta was checking the Ellen Fowler evidence file.

2) Laguerta not closing Miguel's trunk all the way.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt

I thought this was the easiest to understand. She went outside and looked in his trunk while he was inside, and she kept being careful not to "slam" it shut and tried to "push" it until it clicked. I've done this too.. sometimes it works, sometimes not.. but she took the risk, because she knew slamming it shut would be a dead giveaway.

Him leaving his laptop open when no one knew where his apartment was, etc. wasn't that surprising either.. he had often shown that he loved the "trophy" of the kill. And him having all the items laid out for her, prepared to do it.. he wasn't thinking about anyone breaking in, he was getting pumped to go do the killin'.

The entire preview for next week... AWESOME.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
But he wasn't in an apartment, he was in a hotel room. It's kinda sloppy leaving all of that stuff out in the open.

Still, great episode, and it looks like they're going to pack a lot into the finale.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Another excellent episode! :emoji_thumbsup:

Cheers, but I think I spoiled it for myself by working it out, ha-ha! I was kind of underwhelmed by how quickly they resolved the cliffhanger... although, Masuka being punched was hilarious, and the women on the boat helped ease the disappointment a tad! :D

Now, I wonder how much Miguel's cop brother now knows...?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Jim_F

Screenwriter
This is some of my favorite television ever. Ever.

I thought the takedown of Miguel would be more physically rigorous and complicated than it turned out. Still, that was a really satisfying final scene to the relationship.

I'm counting the hours until the season finale. Ramon probably has to go, eh? He's not a witness, but we can't have even a wildman's assertions (per the previews) hanging over Dex as we move on, can we?

George King is a model Dark Avenger victim, so I doubt we'll be seeing him beyond this episode.

Will we find out WTF Quinn's deal is before another season?

Will OH get an assist again this season? From whom? Is he close to making peace with the memory of Harry?

I'm loving the final hours of the season even better than the previous two.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was very underwhelmed by the finale, but the season on the whole was a good ride.

Can't remember if Dexter might have left some blood evidence after getting his hand slashed at the place King had him tied up.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
A great finale to the season that setup plenty of plots for next year, which apparently is already in production. I loved the bits about Dexter finding mercy.. they are slowly changing his character & code. Very interesting.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, it's like a show about the strange integration of a serial killer into societal norms that allow him to roam free and clean up the streets of those who "deserve" to be murdered, while living a life with the superficial trappings of normalcy to the casual observer. It used to be that Dexter needed to kill things, a need that his father channeled into killing those who "deserved" to be killed, but now, his code is expanding, while his bloodlust doesn't seem to all that high, but it's useful that he is blase about killing, even necessary killing (self-preservation of his everyday life and the freedom that goes with it), for the most part, these days.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
You know, thinking back, I thought last year's finale was a little anti-climactic like this one too.

What I hope though, is that the loose ends left in this episode (Dexter's blood on the dress and maybe at the crime scene, Debra's unknowingly looking into Dexter's mother, etc.) were intentional and won't just be ignored but brought into the next season.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Solid season but definitely a notch below the first two. In the first two there was a season long duel between Dexter and his opponent. Here it never really flared until the last third of the season and then only lasted 1 & 1/2 episodes.

Next season looks interesting. Anxious to see how deep down the rabbit hole Deb is going to go about finding out about their Dad's CI. A CI just happens to be Dexter and his brother's - the Ice Cream Truck Killer from Season 1 - mother. And makes Deb their step-sister.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

eh.. who's Chuck ?

I thought it was a fantastic season primarily for some very good performances by Micheal C Hall and Especially jimi Smits.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
I thought it was a good finale, other than I wished the sequence with Dexter and the Skinner were longer - talk about two predators circling each other! I loved how Dexter wasn't afraid and actually took control even though restrained. He's come a long way since his brother.

My question now is, do they jump forward in time for the next season? Have Dexter Jr. being approximately Cody's age now? So, to reconnect to the books again to use THAT storyline?

Or, continue with little time passing and with Dexter dealing with fitting his 'extracurricular activity' into family life. Can't be just running out all hours of the night all the time without explaination - will be interesting to see how they would write that part.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i think dexter is the first series post 2000 that has the most consistent quality from episode to episode. if u look at lost, BSG, heroes,24 or any popular series currently on they go through so many ups and downs from episode arc to arc and season to season.

i'm definitely getting all the dexter BDs once they are released (s1 in january w00t!).

as for deb's thing, i like that setup. deb's a hound-dog and an excellent detective. we'll see her dig up the whole truth about her brother soon enough. i mean, this series will be on for 2 more seasons. she might die before that =P. just guessing.

PS it'd be interesting if dexter moves to seattle or some west coast town because west coast has the most serial killers vs. east coast, especially florida of all places =P

mylan

Screenwriter

Wow, just wow, I read this today. This is going to be sooo freaky watching them act next season as brother and sister knowing that in real life they're boinking, umm, husband and wife...
Hey more power to em' Dexter must like em' flat, cause she ain't got no boobs (It's late, thats all I got!)

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan
The only Dexter episodes that i've ever seen were the last 3 of season 3. And from what i've seen it's a pretty good show. I'll definetly be around to watch season 4. I went to the local Hollywood video and they did have the first two seasons availible for rent. I was pretty dissapointed. But season one just came out on Blu Ray so...........

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks