What's new

Dexter Season 3 (2 Viewers)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
They are high. This season of Dexter has been top notch. In fact, since he's totally unshackled of Harry's rules, this is much more of a wild tight rope act then ever before.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I don't think it's as good as season 1 or season 2. I don't think it's close. But ... those were two of the best seasons of tv I've ever seen. And it's also too early to judge this season which is picking up steam.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

I tend to agree - partly because I can't forsee what's going to happen. Which, ultimately is good because then when the shoe drops I won't see it coming, but these early episodes does seem like it's going in circles a little.

I also believe the show is hurt some by the departure of Doakes (with season 2 there was no way to keep him). Dexter always had to keep on his toes in the department because Doakes sensed there was something wrong. Now, he doesn't have that.

What I think would be an interesting storyline would be if Deb either learned his secret or suspected something. The turmoil that would cause her (being a good cop vs. her father's code/wanting to get rid of criminals) would also cause strain and tension between her and Dexter.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
I am having a very difficult time getting into it this season.

Past 2-3 weeks I have chosen to watch Trueblood live and DVR Dexter and so far, I have not had the urge to watch this weeks EP.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i still luv it. one thing i really dig about dexter since the pilot is how absurdly funny his comments have made the series. i'm just surprised about how a once supposed dark drama can be so incredibly funny at times.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I think Dexter is really having a hard time determining internally who's the wife and his mistress.. whether or not his Dark Passenger is really the only real love of his life, and Rita is just a mistress..

I thought that entire sequence was good. And it's become obvious that Prado does -know- Dexter, and plans on using Dexter for his own ends.

Now, the question is, with Dexter revealed to a cheerleader, how can Dexter get out of this without being someone's pawn.. and was Oscar, his little brother, basically the same story? A dark avenger with his own passenger, but commanded by Miguel? That's what I'm thinking.

Oh, what a tangled web...

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
in the first 2 seasons, it's pretty obvious that whomever knows dexter secrets will simply die by the end of the season... so with miguel and maybe the hot-headed brother, they will eventually meet their end. i will be SURPRISED if they do not and then take a different direction to noman's land.

one thing i really dig about this series is that it's shot with HD video, but the acting work is obviously superb.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

It's the baby subplot that's weighting down this season's momentum.

Miguel is playing a confidence man's game by giving Dex the shirt in order to gain his trust, and now Miguel will be more apt to use Dex's other extracurricular talents to rid the streets of scum he couldn't put away using the legal system. How Dex extricates himself from this "partnership" will be the cat-n-mouse aspect of this season, but having that whole baby subplot is like inviting over Debbie Downer for a long weekend and not being able to avoid her.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I don't know why everyone is so down on the whole baby idea, to me personally it's one of the more interesting aspects of the season. We're into the third season now and so it's a natural progression for Rita and Dex, if they were going to remain a couple this long than the concept of a child was inevitable.

Besides it'll be fun seeing Dex with lil' Dex, playing with him with a rattle, going "goochie goo", giving the kid needles and knives to play with. Ya know, cute things like that. :D

It seems as thought Dex is suffering from what i've dubbed 'George Costanza Syndrome' where he just wants out of this thing with Rita. Maybe he should buy the wedding invitation envelopes from the same place George did. ;)

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Not sure how to phrase this without spoiling the ep for those who have not seen it yet so...

Did anyone else think, while watching the show, Dexter investigating and killing Miguel's, um, perp was a dumb idea? I mean, the guy mysteriously disappears after he talks to Dexter about it, and so close to Dexter killing Prado, and Dex doesn't think Miguel might get suspicious? Really bad judgment call on Dex's part and completely out of character.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member

Miguel put that out there to test his theory about Dexter. He mentions a bad guy to Dex and then he disappears. Theory proven. Plus I think Dexter likes having someone in on it with him.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
No need to spoilerize stuff from an ep that has aired.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I also thought it was unlike Dexter to take that bait so easily.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
You know, this last episode felt a little dull to me, and its probably one of the first in all three seasons that I can say that about. I know a lot happened but nothing was all that exciting, for once. And you can't even blame the baby stuff this time like some people have, since it wasn't involved at all.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
not4me =D. i think it's intensely interesting that a serial killer would consider taking part in creating life when he is so good at taking away. i luv that juxtaposition =).

PS i'm beginning to suspect that the sister's 'partner' guy cop is the serial killer who is copying freebo.

another thing i luv is the texture of the setting of florida. it is as if we were living there, with the throwaway spanish lines, the music, lights, neons, beach times, names like freebo. it is so LIVED in and realistic, i just luv that about dexter =).

mylan

Screenwriter
One thing that troubles me is how are T.P.T.B. going to explain the complete disappearance of an escaped convict and who is going to take the blame? I can see shooting him as he flees but Dexter's brand of justice doesn't lend itself well to "re-discovering" the body.
Maybe I am just thinking too much about it, heck cons escape all the time after being transferred to testify for A.D.A. 's and wind up never to be seen again;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks