What's new

Desperado 2 on it's way? Johnny depp , salma heyak, antonio benderas (1 Viewer)

todd stone

Screenwriter
I can't imagine Johnny Depp would take this role....
Link Removed
Antonio Banderas .... El Mariachi
Salma Hayek .... Carolina
Johnny Depp .... CIA Agent Sands
Rubén Blades .... Jorge, FBI
Eva Mendes .... Special Agent Ajedrez
Willem Dafoe .... Barillo
Mickey Rourke .... Billy
Cecilia Tijerina .... Waitress
Danny Trejo .... Cucuy
Gerardo Vigil .... Marquez
Enrique Iglesias .... Lorenzo, Mariachi #2
Marco Leonardi .... Fideo, Mariachi #3
Cheech Marin .... Belini
José Luis Avendaño .... Alvaro
Rodolfo De Alexandre .... Omar
(more)

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
It's being shot in 1080/24p like Attack of the Clones too, as is/was Spy Kids 2, which of course is also Rodriguez.

Dan

todd stone

Screenwriter
Yes I know it was el mariachi, but johnny depp? hrmm I a big depp fan, but in this role? I dunno....

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Chris, as was Danny Trejo :)
I'm looking forward to this, I find the Rodriguez constantly surprises me and I bet this is no exception.
Did Rodriguez say that when compared to the camera used in AOTC that the technology in the actually camera's has been greatly improved? Does this mean it should look better when it is transferred to film? I think I remember reading it somewhere.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Did Rodriguez say that when compared to the camera used in AOTC that the technology in the actually camera's has been greatly improved? Does this mean it should look better when it is transferred to film? I think I remember reading it somewhere.
Yes. Above everything, the lenses were more defined when it came to his want to shoot HD on Spy Kids 2, and now, Once Upon a time in Mexico. He's also said he's not blowing up specific shots to some astronomical extent as Lucas did for a few moments in AOTC.

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out. Lucas shot with the intent to have EpisodeII seen in DLP, a deal he was hoping for that would have seen more theatres run DLP fell through. in the case of both Rodriguez movies, 99.9% of theatres showing both Spy Kids 2 and Once upon a time will be running them 35mm, and Rodriguez knows this. I don't doubt more tests and more care will be taken when transfering both films to 35mm.

Dan

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Is this still going to be called Once Upon a Time in Mexico?

That title beats the heck out of Desperado 2.

Ivan_F

Grip
Salma was such a drop-dead gorgeous woman in Desperado, and actually both of the main actresses were quite fetching (the drug lord's woman, also). Can't wait for the next installment, her and Penelope Cruz need to do a movie together sometime(they are friends).:b

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
Well if the Title of Once Upon a Time is anything to go on then this movie will kick ass. As far as I know every film that has that in the title has been pretty entertaining in my eyes. America, The West, and China were all pretty good films so I have high hopes for this one. Althought I doubt Salma will get nekkid for this one like she did for the first film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks