What's new

Denon DVD-2910 (1 Viewer)

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
I still think the 2900 is a better machine overall... about the same price, too.

Steven_Lazarus

Stunt Coordinator
I'm actually waiting for these units to ship, has Denon postponed shipping for some reason? Any of you Denon insiders got the scoop? all info appreciated...

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
It's out. I know Crutchfields and some other dealers already have it. The silvers were delayed a little bit. You should be able to get a black one right now.

Steven_Lazarus

Stunt Coordinator
Crutchfield has either sold out, or did not receive shipment, expected arrival date is 10/30/04 and I don't see any available elsewhere so somethings up !!! ;)

MikeHU

Stunt Coordinator
He,He - I picked up mine today!
:D
Unfortunately, the HT is torn apart since we are re-doing our family room into a HT room.:angry: May be several weeks before construction is finished and any reviews. My local shop had a dozen or so in stock today.

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Heh. I feel your pain. The 2910 should be common as cheese by now. The silvers will be coming along in a few weeks.

Hope it all works out for ya! :)

Greg Labate

Stunt Coordinator
I just got my 2910 at Good Guys in SoCal. Incredible PQ through DVI, great build quality. Worth the extra $400 to upgrade from the 1910.

Steven_Lazarus

Stunt Coordinator
That's great news to hear, mine will be here Thursday!!! What kind of monitor you using Greg? Mine will be hooked up to a Sony KP-57WS510... The Zenith DVB-318 looks good as it is but I can't wait to see what the Denon can do for DVD at 1080i and SACD....

Greg Labate

Stunt Coordinator
I'm using the 2910 with a Toshiba 51HX83. Incredible PQ through DVI. But I just noticed a very slight stutter/jitter with the picture once every 30-60 minutes or so. Nothing major, but it worries me about possible future problems. I have not used DVD-A or SACD yet, since I already have a dedicated Sony SACD 5-disk player for that (only $150). Overall, I am happy with it, especially the PQ which is incredible through DVI, even w/o any adjustments yet.

Octavio

Stunt Coordinator
I got my 2910 last week. I haven´t had the time to test it, only a couple of music concert DVD's, but what I noticed out of the box was a much better sound quality. On the other hand, PQ has not impressed me very much, and I'm using a DVI connection set to 1080i. My TV is Sony widescreen KV-30XBR910.

Also I got Monstercable DVI, model M500DVI, but later I realized that the conectors of this cable (that is supposed to be one of the best) only have 18 pins and the manual of the DVD 2910 says that it supports 24-pin DVI-D cable. ¿Do you know if a 18-pin DVI-D cable works the same than a 24-pin DVI-D cable with this DVD?

Can someone help me with my doubt, just to be sure that I'm getting the best PQ that is possible out of DVD 2910?

Thanks,

Octavio

Rolando

Screenwriter
Anyone know if there is a differece in PQ between the 3910 and 2910. I would rather go with the 2910 if the difference is only in DVD Audio. I don't have nor intend to have soon any DVD audio.

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks