What's new

Denon AVR3300 receiver (1 Viewer)

Dean P

Auditioning
FONT=arial 4]I was visiting Tweeters the other day and noticed this receiver on the discontinued shelf for $660 so I'm thinking about buying it. Does anyone own this receiver? If so, have you had any problems / would you recommend it? Also, what do you think about the price?[/font]

Matt_Marlow

Stunt Coordinator
I've owned the 3300 since late '99. It's been a real workhorse for me, considering that I use it for video switching and my sole source of audio(I never use my TV's speakers for anything). I've logged countless hours on the 3300, seeing as how it's on literally every time I watch TV, listen to 2 channel CDs or DVD-Audio, or radio stations and LPs. Several times I've fallen asleep with it on while listening to music and left it on all night (then used it all the next day), and never had the least bit of trouble with it. I've also driven it pretty hard when watching DD/DTS movies and it's never overheated. I think some people have had problems with fan noise on the 3300, but luckily I never have. I've considered upgrading to a newer Denon, but I'm just about afraid to get rid of the 3300 since it's been so reliable. When I bought it, I paid $875 from a local dealer. Considering its age, though, I would think you might be able to find a better deal than $660, but still I think the 3300 is worth every bit of $660. I've seen them sell for considerably less than that online, but haven't really checked on how your price compares to other brick and mortar dealers. Anyway, I'm guessing that there are a LOT of other happy 3300 owners out there!

Ron Alcasid

Stunt Coordinator
I own this reciever and it's a great unit but $660 is way too much. The 3300 was replaced by the 3801 which was replaced by the 3802.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
why don't you go over to the hardward classifieds section? someone is selling theirs for $450.

Sankar

Second Unit
For that price ($660), you should be able to get a "pre-owned" 3801. Just wait till the Outlaw 950 is shipping ... I suspect that you'll find some 3801's etc coming on the "market" (I know mine is .. but its already "promised" to a friend)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks