What's new
World Wide Stereo

Denon AVR-2807 HDMI Question (1 Viewer)

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Hello all,

I have a qestion for anyone out there who is using a Denon AVR-2807 with HDMI.

I've been reading a lot about some recievers that have HDMI inputs and outputs as only having these inputs for a switch for the video portion of the HDMI stream, and not reading the audio from them.

I'm planning on purchasing a Denon AVR-2807, and would like to know if it does indeed support the audio stream from an HDMI input.

The blurb in the crutchfield catalog says "You get 1080p HDMI switching for two high-def video sources, plus analog-to-HDMI conversion that lets you send all of your video sources to an HDMI-capable TV using a single digital cable." Nothing in there about audio.

Thanks for any help.

728x90

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
http://www.usa.denon.com/AVR-2807LitFinal.pdf

HDMI digital video interface supporting high-quality video of 1080p (*1)
The AVR-2807 has HDMI digital video interface terminals (2 inputs and 1 ouput) that
can be switched for high-resolution 1080p video signal transmission. These HDMI
terminals also support digital input of multi-channel audio signals.

Palpitatn

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg Jun
I too am in the market for a receiver and was looking into the 2807. However, I think I will wait because the next models are coming out with the HDMI 1.3's. Althought the link does say that audio can be transmitted on the 2807, it also specifies that the HDMI jacks on the 2807 are 1.1, not 1.3. You will need 1.3 to pass lossless (high definition) audio such as coming from HD-DVD or BD. I wish I knew when Denon was coming out with the new line, though.

John-Tompkins

Second Unit
" You will need 1.3 to pass lossless (high definition) audio such as coming from HD-DVD or BD"

Wrong wrong wrong ..

You can pass lossless audio just fine thru hdmi 1.1 ...

Also since the audio codecs for lossless audio are found in the player/source..I cant see what the big deal with hdmi 1.3 even is ? ..let alone waiting for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks